Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Idea... Geno

Go down 
+7
Hoeloe
Evilagram
Callum Stamp
Flying Dutchman
itsameSMB
Jack
Geno
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Character Idea... Geno Empty
PostSubject: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:51 pm

SMRPG geno of course. He would make this game more epic than it already is. And if i'm breaking any rules, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Try to explain why he would be epic for the game, aswell as a moveset and etc. It'll help your life.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 am

Folks, the roster is more or less set.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:05 am

He's a very popular character in internet communities. Since this is a game that already takes a lot from what the people on the webs like (see Peach's turnips), there might be an oppurtunity for him?
I have mixed feelings about Geno... I wouldn't mind him being in, but I wouldn't jump from joy either.
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
He's a very popular character in internet communities. Since this is a game that already takes a lot from what the people on the webs like (see Peach's turnips), there might be an oppurtunity for him?
I have mixed feelings about Geno... I wouldn't mind him being in, but I wouldn't jump from joy either.

PERSONALLY I'd love to work with Geno. He seems like a character with a past to him. There is also alot of room for improvisation wich we LOVE.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:31 pm

This was the moveset I made

Geno

Franchise: Mario
First Game: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars (SNES)
Weight Class: 2.5/5
Special Abilities: Glide

Neutral Ground attacks

[*]Standard Combo: Left jab, right jab, kick
[*]Forward Tilt: Swipe
[*]Down Tilt: Sweep kick
[*]Forward Smash: "Hand Gun", Three large bullets shoot forward, never losing velocity or speed.
[*]Up Smash: Shoots three large bullets from his elbow upward.
[*]Down Smash: Down smash similar to Ganondorf's. Just smooth looking.
[*]Dash attack: Slide kick.

Aerial Attacks

[*]Neutral Aerial: Geno surround himself with blue sparkles that damage enemies.
[*]Forward Aerial: Forward kick
[*]Back Aerial: Geno kicks twice.
[*]Up Aerial: Unleashes a mass of blue sparkles above him.
[*]Down Aerial: five tiny bullets, from his "Hand Gun" that he equips in SMRPG

Grabs and throws

[*]Grab: Regular grab.
[*]Grab Hit: Knee jab
[*]Forward Throw: Throws opponent and shoots a fist at him.
[*]Back Throw: Throw back, similar to marth.
[*]Up Throw: Throw up.
[*]Down Throw: Down throw similar to kirby's Dair.

Other attacks

[*]Ledge Attack: Kicks as he jumps up.
[*]100% Ledge Attack: Pulls himself up and throws a punch.
[*]Get up attack: Does a spin kick as he jumps up.

Taunts

[*]Up Taunt: arms folded across his chest, he nods his head.
[*]Side Taunt: he spins around gracefully with sparkles around him
[*]Down Taunt: Geno pulls out a "Crystialline" From his hat while the sparkles come over him ( After you use an item on a character in SMRPG ) and the sign " THANK YOU! " Comes over him.

Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Geno Beam
Geno fires a beam forward. Similar to R.O.B's "B" move.

Down Special Move: Geno Blast
Geno summons a pillar of light that come crashing down in front of him.

Side Special Move: Geno Whirl
shoots a geno whirl in front of him, and it moves very quickly, and if you press "B" when it connects with the opponent, it has high knockback, but its hard to do

Up Special Move: Geno Boost
The animation takes a while, but if done correctly, Geno will become stronger and take less damage for a short time.
Final Smash: Geno Flash

Geno transforms into a large cannon and shoots an energy blast at the center of the stage which slowly expands, dealing multiple hits to anyone caught in it

*Yes, Geno has no recovery move. But due to his light frame, he has large jumps.

**When I refer to something as "Sparkles" I'm meaning the sparkles that come in and out of his Geno Beam/Blast attack.
Back to top Go down
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:31 am

and this is how i pictured him

Character Idea... Geno Nukegeno

I've made an idle in flash... i would like to post the fla file so you'd have access to the layers, but i'm not sure where to...
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Geno wrote:

I've made an idle in flash... i would like to post the fla file so you'd have access to the layers, but i'm not sure where to...

Surely I am not the only person cringing here.

Pity I'm too lazy to make a model myself.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Evilagram wrote:
Geno wrote:

Try and be a bit nicer. We want the community here to be friendly and constructive, not to simply down other people's efforts.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:
Geno wrote:

Try and be a bit nicer. We want the community here to be friendly and constructive, not to simply down other people's efforts.

I will when it nets me money, and Yahtzee can certainly attest to that.
Back to top Go down
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:37 am

I'm sorry ;__; I assumed you used gradients...
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:57 am

Geno wrote:
I'm sorry ;__; I assumed you used gradients...
They do use gradients, which is another thing I disdain, but can't really request change in due to unfortunate limitations in human sanity.

The trouble is the shaky lines, the fact that there are lines, the angle, and the dissimilarity with Geno.
Back to top Go down
RamOne
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 am

Oh come on Evil, why don't you make your own model if you think this is bad? Ah, I see, you're too 'lazy'. Yeah right.
I think it's a good model, personally I like it more than the 'real' Geno. But now on the character Geno, he's not in my top 10 for SSB4/Nuke/whatever Smash game characters.

Oh, and sorry mods (and other members) for sounding so rude, but I really can't stand people who are rude for absolutely no reason, in this case Evilagram.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 am

I think you misunderstand. Being rude would be calling you an idiot and your mother fat with no reasonable follow-up.

Stating that you dislike something is merely stating your opinion, just like you are saying you that you like it.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:56 pm

RamOne wrote:
Oh come on Evil, why don't you make your own model if you think this is bad? Ah, I see, you're too 'lazy'. Yeah right.
I think it's a good model, personally I like it more than the 'real' Geno. But now on the character Geno, he's not in my top 10 for SSB4/Nuke/whatever Smash game characters.

Oh, and sorry mods (and other members) for sounding so rude, but I really can't stand people who are rude for absolutely no reason, in this case Evilagram.

But he's still right. It doesn't matter whether he makes one because he isn't obliged to do everything better whenever someone makes a subpar model/painting/drawing or whatever. That makes no sense. If I had to make a better drawing whenever I said something was crappy, I'd go nuts.
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
RamOne wrote:

But he's still right. It doesn't matter whether he makes one because he isn't obliged to do everything better whenever someone makes a subpar model/painting/drawing or whatever. That makes no sense. If I had to make a better drawing whenever I said something was crappy, I'd go nuts.

Thank you very much for defending me. Nice argument. Definitely summed up things I've said before in a much more elegant way than what I was going to say.

Doesn't help that I'm out of practice in terms of building models in flash. It was never a view I subscribed to. Animation should be an extension of drawing, not puppetry. That, and I'd be practically compelled to do all the animations, due to reluctance to see such a good character ruined at another's hands.
Back to top Go down
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Evilagram wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
RamOne wrote:

Thank you very much for defending me. Nice argument. Definitely summed up things I've said before in a much more elegant way than what I was going to say.

Doesn't help that I'm out of practice in terms of building models in flash. It was never a view I subscribed to. Animation should be an extension of drawing, not puppetry. That, and I'd be practically compelled to do all the animations, due to reluctance to see such a good character ruined at another's hands.
...I'll wont post anymore pictures until i'm ready then... i guess... I'll privatly show Hoeloe or something...
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Geno wrote:
...I'll wont post anymore pictures until i'm ready then... i guess... I'll privatly show Hoeloe or something...

Bad idea in my opinion. You ought to keep things open, so people can see them, and critique them. Under the eyes of many, all bugs are shallow.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:10 am

Evilagram wrote:
You ought to keep things open, so people can see them, and critique them.

Then next time he shows something, actually critique it, don't just say it sucks. If it does suck, tell him ways to improve it. What about it is bad? Are there any good points? If not, try suggesting changes to the way it's drawn in order to make it better.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:
You ought to keep things open, so people can see them, and critique them.

Then next time he shows something, actually critique it, don't just say it sucks. If it does suck, tell him ways to improve it. What about it is bad? Are there any good points? If not, try suggesting changes to the way it's drawn in order to make it better.
This is the internet, acting like a total ass is a part of the life style.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 am

Jack wrote:

This is the internet, acting like a total ass is a part of the life style.

Not here it isn't. And not on most decent sites.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:16 am

Decent sites? Like that's even possible. Anyways, there will be rude people wherever you go on the internet, it's impossible to avoid them.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 am

Jack wrote:
Decent sites? Like that's even possible. Anyways, there will be rude people wherever you go on the internet, it's impossible to avoid them.

Yes I know, but here we encourage a friendly attitude, and discourage rudeness.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:08 am

+rep, that explanation is why I like you guys.
Back to top Go down
cuckoos
Neutral Nuke Brother

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Geno would be an awesome character to play as, seeing as there was a large fanbase in NA that wanted him playable in Brawl.
I'm curious as to which series he would represent, Mario or Final Fantasy?

Anyways, I can come up w/ a moveset if you guys want. If the roster is set in stone, then disregard everything I just said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Idea... Geno   Character Idea... Geno Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Idea... Geno
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next