Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SP Character Idea - Tom Nook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SP
Neutral Nuke Brother
SP

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-12

SP Character Idea - Tom Nook Empty
PostSubject: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 am

Special Thanks to GY for helping with the moveset!

Tom Nook
SP Character Idea - Tom Nook Tom_Nook%5B1%5D
(Do note that if you are not aware of the Animal Crossing franchise, Bells are the game’s currency, so think of it as money).
A bag of bells looks like this: http://us.codejunkies.com/Blog/uploads/PowerSavesScreens/AnimalCrossingCityFolk-loads%20of%20bells.JPG

Original Game: Animal Crossing for the Gamecube (Or, to some extent, Animal Forest (Japan-only) for the N64)

Stats:
Weight: 3/10, He is just a small tanookie... he isn’t TOO heavy.
Height: 4/10, He also isn’t too tall.
Strength: 5/10, Being a shopkeeper, he isn’t equipped for fighting too well...
Speed: 8/10, He follows people around in his store all day. He HAS to be fast.
Jump: 10/10, Using his tail, he is able to jump five times. So yeah... I'd call that pretty decent jumping, right? Credit to GY.
Recovery: 6/10, Nothing really to add. Except the recovery is also credited to GY.

Entrance: He walks in real casual-like, then trips. He gets up, and is ready for battle.

Idle - Stands, and sways, as his tails goes back... and forth... back....... and forth...........
Waiting - He looks around him.
Taunt - He does the mischief emotion from Animal Crossing. Very suspicious!

Win - He spins around, then stops. He has magically changed from his regular apron to his Nookington's uniform!
(Nookington's Uniform: http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/tom-nook-111327.jpg)

Moveset (Regular Attacks)
Neutral - He punches.
Combo - He punches with both hands, then turns around to whap the opponent with his tail.
Side Smash - He pushes towards the opponent with both hands.

Moveset (Aerials)
Neutral Aerial - Nook swings a bag of bells in front of him.

Moveset (Specials)
Neutral Special - Bells toss - Nook throws a bag of bells. After it hits the ground, it takes a few seconds to disappear, and anyone can pick it up again and throw it.
Side Special - Theif - If an item is in range of Nook (about 2- 3 character spaces), he rushes forward (at 10/10 speed, faster than his regular run) and picks it up. This also goes for items that people are holding. He'll rush up and steal them.
Up Special - Leaf Tornado - Using his supernatural powers to control leaves, he uses them to help propel him upwards. Credit to GY.
Down Special - Seed Plant - Nook plants a seed that is unseen by the other players. After a few seconds, a random item sprouts from where the seed was planted. Most of the time it is just food, but sometimes the item could be more deadly... say, a bob-omb?
Final Nuke - Renovations - After activating the final Nuke, Nook’s pride and joy, Nook’s Cranny, appears in the background. He then starts building on it, covering it with a blanket of smoke. After that clears, you then see Nookington’s, with Nook standing on top of it. Nook then jumps down, and as he lands, the store explodes, and anyone in the radius of the explosion (except Nook) takes 60% damage and is sent flying. This is great on smaller stages because it is very hard to avoid. But... on larger stages, say... the Temple, well, it can be hard to get this final nuke to do its full potential.

Last edited by SP on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 am

I'm sorry, but I don't like the ladder idea....
Here's my take on some moves:

Special Ability: Multiple Jumps (Using his tail, he is able to jump 5 times, in reference to Tanookie Mario's ability to fly)

Up Special: Leaf Tornado (Most legends of Tanookies state that they have to ability to control leaves, so why not make a Leaf Tornado that propels Nook upwards?)
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:51 am

Great moveset, though I like GY's idea better. Still great though! It makes me actually want him in.
Back to top Go down
SP
Neutral Nuke Brother
SP

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I like your ideas, GY.
So I'm gonna add them.
And give credit where it is needed in the post.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks!
But you don't need to give credit, they were just ideas. Razz

Although, I feel that he should be a bit lighter, considering his incredible recovery ability and his Up Special...maybe knock it down to a 3? Or does that make him TOO light? (I'm thinking he should be as light as Pichu was...)
Back to top Go down
SP
Neutral Nuke Brother
SP

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, that would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SP Character Idea - Tom Nook   SP Character Idea - Tom Nook Empty

Back to top Go down

SP Character Idea - Tom Nook
Page 1 of 1