Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Go down 
+23
darkmegaman
Shadow56892
Einherjar
Evilagram
Smashbro29
(TSON)
Star54321
Eraser
khcat93
itsameSMB
Hoeloe
TaroNuke
Squidly
Jack
NinjaC
Assistance
GDKN
LP96
Twilight
latias soul dew
HyruleanHyroe
Flying Dutchman
Callum Stamp
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Squidly wrote:

That's when you ground pound?

Ground pound is a terrible move that really doesn't work at all against an opponent who knows what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:33 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:

That's when you ground pound?

Ground pound is a terrible move that really doesn't work at all against an opponent who knows what they're doing.

It should be granted super armor, like Kirbies.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Kirby's stone is also a terrible move that gets grabbed out every time.

By the way, it's not warlock punch proof.

Also, it's not really "super armour" on his down special, more like some kind of weird invincibility below a certain threshhold.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:16 am

Yeah, you got so many more options if the oponant is below you... For example, Fastfall -> Dair, Fastfall -> Fair, Fastfall -> Bair. :)
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 am

Jack wrote:
Yeah, you got so many more options if the oponant is below you... For example, Fastfall -> Dair, Fastfall -> Fair, Fastfall -> Bair. Smile

This man knows what he's talking about.

In SNBM I've been trying to buff the specials to make up for the missing moves, they're mostly not up to the task of being used in a real fight in SSBB.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 am

TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:
Yeah, you got so many more options if the oponant is below you... For example, Fastfall -> Dair, Fastfall -> Fair, Fastfall -> Bair. Smile

In SNBM I've been trying to buff the specials to make up for the missing moves, they're mostly not up to the task of being used in a real fight in SSBB.
Yes, the special moves are being used in situations you wouldnt see yourself using them in Brawl. It's easier, but it's more advanced when it comes to special moves.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:12 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yes, the special moves are being used in situations you wouldnt see yourself using them in Brawl. It's easier, but it's more advanced when it comes to special moves.

The reason why most special moves aren't used in Brawl is that most of them take too long, are too innacurate, or aren't as powerfull as you think they would be, I barely use Kirby's suction ability for anything except committing kirbakazying (kirby suicide to kill another player, suck and jump.)
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:19 pm

The usable Special attacs would be the fast projectiles (Falcos lazer, Marios fireballand of course Link and Snakes... evrything). But even physical attacks with a low charge time (but a high stun time) FE: Ruigis ROCKET UPPACUT! And PUMMELUFF's rest.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 pm

Jack wrote:
The usable Special attacs would be the fast projectiles (Falcos lazer, Marios fireballand of course Link and Snakes... evrything). But even physical attacks with a low charge time (but a high stun time) FE: Ruigis ROCKET UPPACUT! And PUMMELUFF's rest.

Lol, you're so German, that's awesome.

Generally the fast or long ranged specials are the useful ones. MOST of them are really slow, predictable and easily avoided.
Some of them are even weak, on top of this.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:07 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

Generally the fast or long ranged specials are the useful ones. MOST of them are really slow, predictable and easily avoided.
Yes, but even a slow and weak projectile can be useful. For example Ness's PK Thunder with the ability to manouver freely. And I started writing this thinking of Melee... And now i remember Lucas... His Up B is awesome :D.

And about Pummeluff... I just temporarely have my melee set to germanish. And got suprised of the audio change on Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Jack wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yes, but even a slow and weak projectile can be useful. For example Ness's PK Thunder with the ability to manouver freely. And I started writing this thinking of Melee... And now i remember Lucas... His Up B is awesome Very Happy.

And about Pummeluff... I just temporarely have my melee set to germanish. And got suprised of the audio change on Jigglypuff.

Lucas and Ness's PK thunder is not a slow projectile, also, you can control it, so it's not as easily avoidable, as, lets say, DK's B attack.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:22 pm

I said that I was thinking about melee while typing it xD. It's indeed much faster and more usefull in brawl. But still makes like 4%? Lucas's on the other hand... his can do over 20% if you know how to use it.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 am

Jack wrote:

The french Jigglypuff is Rondoudou.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 am

TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

oh wait yeh you were french
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 am

Callum Stamp wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

oh wait yeh you were french

He WAS French?
What, did he genetically alter himself?
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Yes, that's exactly what happened Rolling Eyes

My mom speaks fluent French. I can understand, but not speak or write it very well.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Genetically Altered Monster wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what happened Rolling Eyes

My mom speaks fluent French. I can understand, but not speak or write it very well.

Oh, ok, now I understand, do I need to call a Monster Slayer?
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Squidly wrote:

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Squidly wrote:

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this.

You just responded to it.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Doesn't mean I got it.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Doesn't mean I got it.

Read the last few posts over.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:28 pm

I genuinely don't get it, still.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm

I genuinely don't get it, still.

What part do you not get?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm

STOP SPAMMING! Squidly, you're really going on my nerves xD. And Taro, you know better than to respond xD.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Jack wrote:
STOP SPAMMING! Squidly, you're really going on my nerves xD. And Taro, you know better than to respond xD.

Spamming is if I was posting one word answers, look, me and Taro are talking, and it's very rude to interrupt.
You know better then to be an ass.

Fine, I'll stop, but Jack, your even more on my nerves, I hate people who hate others because of sheer jealousy.

But before this turns into an argument, which you were clearly were attempting to start one, I'm going to kindly ask you to not respond to this message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next