Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Item idea thread

Go down 
+47
SP
Gregboy101
Ariand/AEM
K. Xmith [DJ]
smartguy36
Speedtrap
DarthDragon
alphathunder9
RedCap-BlueSpikes
GoldenYuiitusin
Tarvonas
SingleMaleNurse
Goof Ball
TheEvilagram
Zerotwo95
(TSON)
Evilagram
Eraser
Star54321
khcat93
Squidly
itsameSMB
MattDeon
HyruleanHyroe
NinjaC
Jack
Assistance
PlasmaNuke
LP96
tea
~Chozo~
GDKN
boy wonder
tnemrot
BITbyBIT
latias soul dew
Flying Dutchman
Hatakraa
fromia
Hoeloe
8sidedcircle
Tribal-Thunder
fawx
jnightmare
Callum Stamp
BlastNuke
TaroNuke
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
alphathunder9
Neutral Nuke Brother
alphathunder9

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Item idea thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 pm

......NO lol it was a suggestion u kno Cool
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:39 am

Epona as an item is a little weird. If she were included it would be more likey she would be some form of assist character or something.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
alphathunder9
Neutral Nuke Brother
alphathunder9

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:01 am

yeh that would be a better idea but you know, it was just a quick thought of mine Neutral
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 pm

alphathunder9 wrote:
yeh that would be a better idea but you know, it was just a quick thought of mine Neutral
imagine throwing a capsule and Epona would flop out. I'd be scared.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Epona as an item is a little weird. If she were included it would be more likey she would be some form of assist character or something.
By the way, are Assist Trophies in SNBM?
Back to top Go down
Speedtrap
Neutral Nuke Brother
Speedtrap

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Erm... Assist Trophies would be awesome.
I think... Cloaks or Metal power-ups would be fun.
BTW, Black Hole Bomb is intense.
IMO, SNBM is better than Brawl.
Back to top Go down
http://speedtrap.freeforums.org
Eraser
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Eraser

Male Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Maybe Eponia could be fitted into Link's moveset?
But eh, discussion for another topic.

I was thinking something along the lines of bombchus for an item, partially from the MG thing (if anyone here remembers that). You'd pick 'em up, put them down, and they'd zoom ahead and when they hit something, they explode.
And if you run with them, you throw them. Once they hit ground they still have that effect though.
Back to top Go down
smartguy36
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
smartguy36

Male Number of posts : 115
Location : Somewhere between Rainbow Road and the Space Colony ARK.
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Should we add the Crystal Stars from Paper Mario 2?   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

If we do add them,here is how it would go.
Diamond Star-Earth Tremor.Damage:5-9%.It won't affect you in the air.The most common Crystal Star you can get.
Emerald Star-Clock Out.Basically,everyone except the person who got the item would freeze for about 10 seconds.
Gold Star-Power Lift.Just like the Super Mushroom.Wouldn't be common to get.
Ruby Star-Art Attack.A mini Ruby Star would appear on the screen like a cursor.It will draw a circle around the opposing characters. The damage would be about 4%.Would last for 5 seconds.
Sapphire Star-Sweet Feast.Food would just appear.
Garnet Star-Showstopper.5 Garnet Stars would fall out of the sky,could rack up a lot of damage,or at high damage,a 1-hit KO.This one is rare.
Crystal Star-Supernova.Your attacks become stonger,depending on how much damage you've taken.Would last for 15 seconds.This Crystal Star will be very rare to get.
They would be floating around,only one on the stage,and to get them,you would break them,like the Nuke Ball.
So,what do you think? Super Mario Bros

Last edited by smartguy36 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found out what Ruby Star could do.)
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Maybe a Headgear from Punch-Out could be an item?
You grab it, and a Headgear icon appears above the character's head, and damage and knockback are halved for a while.
Good idea?
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 pm

How about the Rainbow Sword from Kirby's Dreamland 2 when Kirby fights Dark Matter.

Here's how it works:
  • The sword can be used as a clobbering item… but it can also be used to reflect projectiles!
  • The sword is revamped with a rainbow-coloured blade and (if it's possible) rainbow-trail effects when swung .
  • The amount of damage the projectile can inflict depends on the charge time and the amount of damage of the original projectile.
  • It can't be reflected, just like the Star Rod from Melee.
  • The formula for reflected projectile damage is t=p*(2s)+1; where:
    d=Total damage,
    p=Original projectile damage,
    s=Seconds charged

Well folks, that all for now… if you're listening.
I have another idea: The 1-Up Mushroom.
In most games, this green mushroom w/white spots could add an extra life.
But in a few games (where it was known as the Ultra Mushroom), this item could heal massive amounts of HP.
The latter effect is what I intend to be used in SNBM, and it will heal a whopping 200%. (It could still be known as the 1-Up.)

1 last thought… Rolling Crates!

Last edited by K. Xmith [DJ] on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 pm

That's a good idea, newcomer.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Which one? I think I like the Rainbow Sword the best.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:53 pm

The Rainbow Sword.
The one I saw before you edited your message.
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:55 am

I'm pretty sure the 1-UP mushroom has been suggested multiple times here before (once by me earlier on the page you posted your suggestion, actually Razz ), and I like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
The Rainbow Sword.
The one I saw before you edited your message.
Thanks! Sorry about the one-lined "Rolling Crates" request. But still, if you can program crates with platforms and items that move when hit, why not an item that moves when hit and acts as a platform all of the time!
And going for a ride on one of these sounds fun. =)

Also, food would be a real trea- um mean… it would be nice!
It could be based off of the food from Kirby Super Star Ultra.

Also, for an assist trophy… Dyna Blade!
She would do either one of her attacks before disappearing off of the screen or… she would drop a nice-sized amount of items before she leaves! (On rare occasions, she would toss in a few rare items like stickers, CD's, etc.)
(Reference to Kirby Air Ride: whenever she is damaged, Dyna Blade drops a large amount of Power Ups.)
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Dyna_Blade
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Dyna_Blade

And BTW, the other person who suggested the 1-UP Mushroom made it too over-powered I think. That's why I suggested on making it heal HP.
Also, did I mention that you can't touch it to get healed until it touches the ground! Also, it moves slightly faster than it's red companion.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hmm...I think Dyna Blade would make a better boss...
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:59 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Hmm...I think Dyna Blade would make a better boss...
She could be both. Kinda like Hammer Bro. was an enemy and an Assist Trophy.
------------------------------------

EDIT: The Basin from Mario Kart Arcade GP would be cool, too.
It'll stun like the Hyjinx (forget spelling!) Coconut, but it's trajectory will be kinda like the Trophy Base.
Also, if no directional input is pressed, it will be approximately aimed at the nearest opponent (it won't actually home in on opponents, though); if nobody's nearby, it just goes straight.

Constructive criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 pm

K. Xmith [DJ] wrote:

It'll stun like the Hyjinx (forget spelling!) Coconut, but it's trajectory will be kinda like the Trophy Base.
Also, if no directional input is pressed, it will be approximately aimed at the nearest opponent (it won't actually home in on opponents, though); if nobody's nearby, it just goes straight.

The basin actually dates back to traditional Japanese comedy, much like Super Smash Bros' paper fan, and has appeared in many other games besides Mario Kart Arcade xD.

It would fly straight and slightly upward and drop sharply as it flies over an opponent, with slight homing. This wouldn't actually be that bad an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree. What we need is more humor into games.
Also, random fact: the type of Banana Peel that they use for slipping effects are Japanese! I don't remember what they're called, but those bananas have more oil in the peelsm which give them their slip. American bananas that we know about, don't have as much oil.
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
K. Xmith [DJ] wrote:

The basin actually dates back to traditional Japanese comedy, much like Super Smash Bros' paper fan, and has appeared in many other games besides Mario Kart Arcade xD.

It would fly straight and slightly upward and drop sharply as it flies over an opponent, with slight homing. This wouldn't actually be that bad an idea.
Thanks TaroNuke! Hearing this from you means a lot to me.
And I know it comes from Snowboard Kids. If you click on the word "Basin" in the quote, it says info about it and a picture!
Also, I think we should just say that it came from the Nuke universe since it doesn't come from any particular game, like the Fan.

BTW, please take a look at my Rainbow Sword idea a page or two back. (It's at the bottom of the page if that helps.)
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:43 pm

K. Xmith [DJ] wrote:

Thanks TaroNuke! Hearing this from you means a lot to me.
And I know it comes from Snowboard Kids. If you click on the word "Basin" in the quote, it says info about it and a picture!
Also, I think we should just say that it came from the Nuke universe since it doesn't come from any particular game, like the Fan.

BTW, please take a look at my Rainbow Sword idea a page or two back. (It's at the bottom of the page if that helps.)

I didn't say the Basin was from Snowboard Kids at all, I said it appeared in many other games, namely Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy X-2

The oily banana's description is on its trophy:

Sakurai wrote:

The peel from a Japanese fiber banana of the Musaceae plant family. It contains a high volume of vegetable oil, which oozes out when the peel is stepped on, making things slippery. In Smash Bros., the peel fulfills its destiny as a comedic prop by making passersby slip. Characters who land on their backsides will be defenseless until they recover their footing.

@ The rainbow sword, whenever I see an item suggestion I always think about how I would go about programming it. While I couldn't do a sword trail easily,
I could make it unreflectable and reflect items without much difficulty. I'm not sure quite how much it would add, but toward the end of the game's life cycle, it would be fun to add more items of this sort into the game.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Now I feel like an idiot.
But I KNEW I got it from somewhere.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Item
Pikmin
A Pikmin sprouts out of the ground, to pick it up pluck it! Now you have a live pikmin in your inventory.
Red
Withstands any fire damage,
Most balanced Pikmin Around
Inflicts Fire Damage
13% HP

Blue
Can swim in water
Flies forward
Gives normal damage
12% HP

Yellow
Withstands Electricty damage
Is Lunged upward
Sends out Electric damage
11% HP

White
Once killed a Poison Gas Comes out from it's body
Flies the farthest forward
Inflicts Poison damage 8% HP

Purple
Strongest Pikmin
Little Range
Strongest one hit
19% HP

Once you grab a pikmin, it will act like an item, once you take damage it'll take damage too. If Burned, the pikmin will catch on fire, and die (Except for red)
If you go swimming, it'll drown (Except for Blue)

Once thrown it'll latch onto the first person in contact, and inflict damage (Except for Purple)

Once it takes enough damage it dies, with it's ghost appearing out of you, with nothing else. But, with white once it dies a poison's gas starts to ooze out of your body, and cause damage, with no knockback on the your foes.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Are the Pikmin following you?

Items don't appear until they're used, so how would that work out?

Especially considering that Olimar isn't playable BECAUSE the creators can't make the Pikmin follow him.
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 pm

No you hold them like any other item.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Item idea thread
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next