Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Flash 2

Go down 
+21
Gregboy101
GoldenYuiitusin
yoh kun
Tarvonas
alphathunder9
Mystyr Nile
Smashbro29
RamOne
Master10
Star54321
(TSON)
Evilagram
Flying Dutchman
itsameSMB
egruntz
TaroNuke
Hoeloe
GDKN
Jack
Callum Stamp
Squidly
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Super Smash Flash 2 Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 am

You do know this game's coming, right?
There's a demo and everything, and the guy's finally gotten a respectable looking Smash Bros Fan Game working, it has an engine and everything, not to trigger competition but you might want to either try to release the game before or after them, currently, I see these advantages and in the games:

Super Smash Flash 2:
Some people prefer sprites.
The game's developement is going really quickly.
It'll probably be released first.
It'll probably feature more content (just an assumption, since I assume it's easier for McLean to make things for SSF.)
He has obvious Brawl influence, while you guys are siding with Melee in your title, making some people think your game will be less, no matter how the site looks.
SSF's already an established franchise.

Super Nuke Brothers Melee:
You guys have already gotten a lot of the best audio artists on Newgrounds to make a track or two for you.
Super Nuke Brothers looks a LOT better.
It's more apparent the amount of effort put into this game.
You guys have more hype.
You guys have a better name (it's kinda important.)
You guys are more willing to recieve fan suggestions (very important for people's loyalty).
People expect less of SSF, since the first one had a VERY bad physics engine, even if the new one's improved, first impressions are everything.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Squidly wrote:
There's a demo and everything, and the guy's finally gotten a respectable looking Smash Bros Fan Game working, it has an engine and everything, not to trigger competition but you might want to either try to release the game before or after them, currently, I see these advantages and in the games:

Super Smash Flash 2:
It'll probably feature more content (just an assumption, since I assume it's easier for McLean to make things for SSF.)
He has obvious Brawl influence, while you guys are siding with Melee in your title, making some people think your game will be less, no matter how the site looks.

You guys have already gotten a lot of the best audio artists on Newgrounds to make a track or two for you.
You guys have more hype.
You guys are more willing to recieve fan suggestions (very important for people's loyalty).
People expect less of SSF, since the first one had a VERY bad physics engine, even if the new one's improved, first impressions are everything.
We're actually very good friends with the guys from McCleodGaming. We both have different visions on
Smash Games, and the two projects are obviously different. I can't wait to play their finished product.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Super Smash Flash 2:

You guys have more hype.
We're actually very good friends with the guys from McCleodGaming. We both have different visions on
Smash Games, and the two projects are obviously different. I can't wait to play their finished product.

Oh ok, I thought there would be tension, both projects have a LOT of promise, and I, like you, can't wait for both to come out.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Super Smash Flash 2:

You guys have more hype.

Oh ok, I thought there would be tension, both projects have a LOT of promise, and I, like you, can't wait for both to come out.

Don't get me wrong though, there is a certain competition. But that battle is held in ourselves. We don't try to OUTDO them, and they don't try to outdo us. We both make our own awesome project and in the end we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Super Smash Flash 2:

You guys have more hype.

Don't get me wrong though, there is a certain competition. But that battle is held in ourselves. We don't try to OUTDO them, and they don't try to outdo us. We both make our own awesome project and in the end we'll see what happens.

So it's a friendly competition then? Those are good, since it pushes everybody to do the best they can.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm

I think it's more like "I don't beat the shit out of you if you don't beat the shit out of me" styled combat.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Jack wrote:
I think it's more like "I don't beat the shit out of you if you don't beat the shit out of me" styled combat.

Eh, in all honesty, I don't think either could've beat the shit out of either.
They would just go at it until their fighting pisses off the balance of the universe so much that it just implodes itself out of pure pissed offness.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:40 am

Squidly wrote:
their fighting pisses off the balance of the universe so much that it just implodes itself out of pure pissed offness.
Chuck Norris?
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:13 am

Jack wrote:
Squidly wrote:
their fighting pisses off the balance of the universe so much that it just implodes itself out of pure pissed offness.
Chuck Norris?

I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

ugh....SSF2..

I used to be on the dev team for that, but I quit because the choices they were making were clearly putting drags on the game, and because of the constant arguing within the team.

and from my experience, what I know about the game, and what I've recently played(their newest demo)

I can honestly say, that it IS a step up from the last game, but it is also a step in the wrong direction.

The only thing I can say right now about how SSF2 does against the numerous Nuke demos I've been given, is that the support for multiplayer is well implemented, though I believe you will all fix that by the time the official demo comes out, since you guys had to focus on the engine and such.

I would also like to say their choice in movesets is TERRIBLE. Every newcoming character they've made is riddled with horrible moves, and horrible ideas behind them. Their megaman, is absolute crap. It is not a TRUE smash megaman by any means. But I'll stop there.

Sorry for my rant, but I was really disgusted about how the game was being carried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 pm

GDKN wrote:
ugh....SSF2..

I used to be on the dev team for that, but I quit because the choices they were making were clearly putting drags on the game, and because of the constant arguing within the team.

and from my experience, what I know about the game, and what I've recently played(their newest demo)

I can honestly say, that it IS a step up from the last game, but it is also a step in the wrong direction.

The only thing I can say right now about how SSF2 does against the numerous Nuke demos I've been given, is that the support for multiplayer is well implemented, though I believe you will all fix that by the time the official demo comes out, since you guys had to focus on the engine and such.

I would also like to say their choice in movesets is TERRIBLE. Every newcoming character they've made is riddled with horrible moves, and horrible ideas behind them. Their megaman, is absolute crap. It is not a TRUE smash megaman by any means. But I'll stop there.

Sorry for my rant, but I was really disgusted about how the game was being carried.

Wait, wait, wait, they have ONLINE multiplayer or just regular multiplayer?
If it's online, then this game's pretty much screwed.

Also, my main problem with SMF is that it's more of an anime con then it is a Nintendo brawler, and some choices in the last game made me say "wtf?"
I mean, why the hell do we need SIX Sonic characters? And one of them wasn't even a real one!
Who the hell is Lloyd anyways? I heard he's from Tales Of Symphonia, who the hell plays that?
And NARUTO, seriously?

He shouldn't have given it a Smash Bros name, at all, he should've called it "Anime Brawler" instead.
At least this game, by the looks of it, doesn't have that many characters that nobodies ever heard of (I'm only going to assume that you guys will eventually put some random character you people made up based off of some random anime, but I highly doubt it'll be an Anime Con.)

This game, albeit much slower then SMF 2, is more of a Smash Bros game!
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
ugh....SSF2..

Also, my main problem with SMF is that it's more of an anime con then it is a Nintendo brawler, and some choices in the last game made me say "wtf?"
I mean, why the hell do we need SIX Sonic characters? And one of them wasn't even a real one!
Who the hell is Lloyd anyways? I heard he's from Tales Of Symphonia, who the hell plays that?
And NARUTO, seriously?

He shouldn't have given it a Smash Bros name, at all, he should've called it "Anime Brawler" instead.
At least this game, by the looks of it, doesn't have that many characters that nobodies ever heard of (I'm only going to assume that you guys will eventually put some random character you people made up based off of some random anime, but I highly doubt it'll be an Anime Con.)

Everyone makes their own choices, but our team is made of people who are true gamers. Or game fanatics.
We don't favor any franchises. We love Mario as much as we love Sonic. Ofcourse we have our preferences
in games, but we don't let that change our judgement of character/stage inclusion.

Personally, if having recolors of Sonic characters in Smash is what youve always wanted, Im not one to argue.
It's their choice and they'll have to face the critisism.

Our game is probably 80% based on the fan support from this forum and emails/pm's. That's what really matters for
this game, making it enjoyable for a wide variety of gamers.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
ugh....SSF2..

And NARUTO, seriously?

Everyone makes their own choices, but our team is made of people who are true gamers. Or game fanatics.
We don't favor any franchises. We love Mario as much as we love Sonic. Ofcourse we have our preferences
in games, but we don't let that change our judgement of character/stage inclusion.

Personally, if having recolors of Sonic characters in Smash is what youve always wanted, Im not one to argue.
It's their choice and they'll have to face the critisism.

Our game is probably 80% based on the fan support from this forum and emails/pm's. That's what really matters for
this game, making it enjoyable for a wide variety of gamers.

Sigh, I wish more people were like you 3, you've shown undeniable fan support.
Ever wonder why SSBB was so successfull? Because it followed the exact same ideas, most of all the new characters were requests.
For example, Wario came from the numerous topics being made about him on the Nintendo forums, and the numerous emails Nintendo Power received asking for his inclusion.
King Dedede came from the fact that he WAS one of the MOST requested characters in Japan.
Meta Knight also came from the same reason.
Mr. Game and Watch's insane buff came from balance suggestions by people.
The Subspace Emissary came from the want of a better Single player game, that reviewers had constantly critisized, and fans lounged for.

Yeah, if you guys follow the same rout, and take fan suggestions, you guys will have a major success, a real ground breaker, what you'll do to SSB clones is what Super Mario 63 did to fan made platformers (by the way, if you haven't played that yet, go play it.)
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
ugh....SSF2..

And NARUTO, seriously?

They are attempting online(still not successful if I remember). I was talking about the regular multiplayer. The reason their multiplayer support is better is because of the steamlined control customization.
Yes, they took heavy influence on making everything look like Jump Ultimate Stars, which is stupid in my opinion, since if I ever wanted to play with anime characters it'd be in a JUS fangame, and not a SSB fangame. They do not belong in a Smash game.
As for the sonic characters, I agree, they only really need sonic and knuckles, nobody else deserves the spots. And their original characters are lame AND unoriginal.
As for Lloyd, he is a good choice to be in smash game, although he doesn't deserve one as much as someone like Simon Belmont or Little Mac.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:36 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
ugh....SSF2..

And NARUTO, seriously?

They are attempting online(still not successful if I remember). I was talking about the regular multiplayer. The reason their multiplayer support is better is because of the steamlined control customization.
Yes, they took heavy influence on making everything look like Jump Ultimate Stars, which is stupid in my opinion, since if I ever wanted to play with anime characters it'd be in a JUS fangame, and not a SSB fangame. They do not belong in a Smash game.
As for the sonic characters, I agree, they only really need sonic and knuckles, nobody else deserves the spots. And their original characters are lame AND unoriginal.
As for Lloyd, he is a good choice to be in smash game, although he doesn't deserve one as much as someone like Simon Belmont or Little Mac.
Yeah, we will have customizable controls, but it isn't neccesary for the testing phase we're in now, so we're dealing with that later. And oh my god, Little Mac would be epic.

I have played Super Mario 63! I totally loved it. I haven't completed it yet, but some day I will.

This is an interesting thread.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 am

GDKN wrote:

If they DO get online, this project's screwed, no offense, and something tells me they can and WILL get online, other people have managed to do it successfully, so why can't a team of a bunch of people (by the way, how many people are in that team?) Not be able to do it?
Yeah, the bullshit amount of anime characters does NOT belong, the fact that in SSF 1 there was more non-nintendo characters then nintendo characters pissed me off, they should make it the SSB everyone wanted Brawl to be, not the SSB everyone DIDN'T want it to be! Didn't you see how much OUTRAGE there was when Sonic was anounced? People were PISSED OFF, Snake was OK, he's a bad ass stealth agent that NEEDED to be in a fighting game (I have a theory that if he wasn't included in Brawl, the world would implode, twice!) But Sonic is the exact opposite! Sonic's a wimpy little hedgehog that's now serving his live as Sega's money rape slave, don't get me wrong, ONE Sonic character in Brawl was OK, but imagine if Brawl had a cast list of COMPLETELY Third party and COMPLETELY unknown or unpopular characters, with only the original twelve characters from SSB in it to represent Nintendo? You know what would've happened? The apocolypse. It's OK if they're third parties, but it's NOT OK if they're the most hated or never heard of characters known (or unkown) to man! That's why Snake was a welcomed addition and Sonic wasn't!
And Anime characters are both unknown AND unpopular (plus, they all look the same, try to find the differences when Kirby inhales them, they ALL have wavy spikey hair, you CAN'T tell the difference!)

Callum Stamp wrote:

Yeah, we will have customizable controls, but it isn't neccesary for the testing phase we're in now, so we're dealing with that later. And oh my god, Little Mac would be epic.

I have played Super Mario 63! I totally loved it. I haven't completed it yet, but some day I will.

I don't mind customizable or not customizable controls, as long as the controls are good by default, I don't care, the problem with SSF 1 was that even in 1 player, you had 2 player controls, which was absolutely IRRITATING. And in SSF 2, the default in the 0.5 demo had the grab button NOT ASSIGNED. What kind of person leaves a critical button NOT ASSIGNED?
Also, yeah, Little Mac would be epic.

Super Mario 63 is an epic game, if only it had stayed on the top of Newground's top 50 for a longer time, it deserved it! You MUST complete the game! It DESERVES to be completed!

Yeah, this is quite the conversation, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:37 am

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

If they DO get online, this project's screwed, no offense, and something tells me they can and WILL get online, other people have managed to do it successfully, so why can't a team of a bunch of people (by the way, how many people are in that team?) Not be able to do it?
Yeah, the bullshit amount of anime characters does NOT belong, the fact that in SSF 1 there was more non-nintendo characters then nintendo characters pissed me off, they should make it the SSB everyone wanted Brawl to be, not the SSB everyone DIDN'T want it to be! Didn't you see how much OUTRAGE there was when Sonic was anounced? People were PISSED OFF, Snake was OK, he's a bad ass stealth agent that NEEDED to be in a fighting game (I have a theory that if he wasn't included in Brawl, the world would implode, twice!) But Sonic is the exact opposite! Sonic's a wimpy little hedgehog that's now serving his live as Sega's money rape slave, don't get me wrong, ONE Sonic character in Brawl was OK, but imagine if Brawl had a cast list of COMPLETELY Third party and COMPLETELY unknown or unpopular characters, with only the original twelve characters from SSB in it to represent Nintendo? You know what would've happened? The apocolypse. It's OK if they're third parties, but it's NOT OK if they're the most hated or never heard of characters known (or unkown) to man! That's why Snake was a welcomed addition and Sonic wasn't!
And Anime characters are both unknown AND unpopular (plus, they all look the same, try to find the differences when Kirby inhales them, they ALL have wavy spikey hair, you CAN'T tell the difference!)

Callum Stamp wrote:

I don't mind customizable or not customizable controls, as long as the controls are good by default, I don't care, the problem with SSF 1 was that even in 1 player, you had 2 player controls, which was absolutely IRRITATING. And in SSF 2, the default in the 0.5 demo had the grab button NOT ASSIGNED. What kind of person leaves a critical button NOT ASSIGNED?
Also, yeah, Little Mac would be epic.

Super Mario 63 is an epic game, if only it had stayed on the top of Newground's top 50 for a longer time, it deserved it! You MUST complete the game! It DESERVES to be completed!

Yeah, this is quite the conversation, isn't it?

This project will be screwed if they get Online? You KNOW we like to fight fire with fire Wink
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't really see having online as a threat, since if your engine sucks as much as SSF2's then it won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:50 pm

GDKN wrote:
I don't really see having online as a threat, since if your engine sucks as much as SSF2's then it won't matter.

I have a feeling that you haven't played the game, the engine's fine, the characters, however, AREN'T.

And Callum, you don't fight fire with fire, you fight fire with blue (very hot) fire, or maybe even plasma.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

I have a feeling that you haven't played the game, the engine's fine, the characters, however, AREN'T.

And Callum, you don't fight fire with fire, you fight fire with blue (very hot) fire, or maybe even plasma.

Oh. I've played the game alright.

All those wasted hours bugtesting a broken game. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

What I saw of it, the Engine feels just like the normal SSB, just a bit slower, but come on, give them a break.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

What I saw of it, the Engine feels just like the normal SSB, just a bit slower, but come on, give them a break.

What it felt to me, was something trying to be SSB, but not fully feeling comfortable. Moving, attacking, hitboxes, everything is awkward.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:12 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

What it felt to me, was something trying to be SSB, but not fully feeling comfortable. Moving, attacking, hitboxes, everything is awkward.

I don't know about you, but I felt right at home with it (and I've been playing SSB since game one, day one,) if only the game was put into better, less nerdy, hands.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

I don't know about you, but I felt right at home with it (and I've been playing SSB since game one, day one,) if only the game was put into better, less nerdy, hands.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure any SSB feels nothing like the SSF2 engine. Its too awkward.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure any SSB feels nothing like the SSF2 engine. Its too awkward.

I like the controls, of course, they COULD be better, I set my grab to space, and I felt fine, but I can see some keyboards in which it would be a problem, and shield's a bit to hardly accessed, of course, you CAN adjust controls.

But the thing that really needs fixing with SNBM, is the speed, higher the frame rate, the game's a bit too slow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Flash 2
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next