Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Taunts

Go down 
+8
itsameSMB
Zer0 Xaminor
Jack
latias soul dew
Hoeloe
Assistance
Callum Stamp
LP96
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LP96
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:54 pm

IDK why I'm thinking of zelda i don;t like her but one of her taunts could be "Excuse Me!" in a girly tone.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:54 am

LP96 wrote:
IDK why I'm thinking of zelda i don;t like her but one of her taunts could be "Excuse Me!" in a girly tone.
Link: EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Assistance
Neutral Nuke Brother

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Where have I heard that before? It sounds SO familiar!
Back to top Go down
LP96
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 9

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:59 pm

It's from a brawl machinima
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:11 pm

LP96 wrote:
It's from a brawl machinima

No, it's from the original Zelda animated TV series.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Assistance
Neutral Nuke Brother

Registration date : 2009-04-15

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:41 am

Yes! That's exactly where I heard it from!
Anyways, back to topic. Zelda doesn't really need another taunt. She has enough from the original games. It isn't very outstanding so I don't think so.
That's what I think anyways.
Back to top Go down
latias soul dew
Neutral Nuke Brother
latias soul dew

Male Number of posts : 29

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Taunts with you'r own Voice   Character Taunts EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:14 am

Eey i was thinking why always the same taunts?
I was wondering..is it possible you can do you'r own voice as a taunt.
Yust a taunt for 5 seconds.. where you can record you'r own voice and use it in the game.
Offcourse you can change it like the music to defualt but also you'r own voice :3

If this is possible with flash offcourse.
Back to top Go down
http://mrx3000.deviantart.com/
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:16 am

latias soul dew wrote:
Eey i was thinking why always the same taunts?
I was wondering..is it possible you can do you'r own voice as a taunt.
Yust a taunt for 5 seconds.. where you can record you'r own voice and use it in the game.
Offcourse you can change it like the music to defualt but also you'r own voice :3

If this is possible with flash offcourse.

Some sort of "music system" in wich you can upload your own voice clip online, copy
the link in Flash, and then use them in a special Taunt menu? That.. That's not bad.

My taunts will be a big pile of YouTube Poop lines.
Back to top Go down
latias soul dew
Neutral Nuke Brother
latias soul dew

Male Number of posts : 29

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:22 am

Callum Stamp wrote:

Some sort of "music system" in wich you can upload your own voice clip online, copy
the link in Flash, and then use them in a special Taunt menu? That.. That's not bad.

My taunts will be a big pile of YouTube Poop lines.

Haha what do you think of me? XD
"I am afraid that ship has sailed...IN THE MORNING!"
Back to top Go down
http://mrx3000.deviantart.com/
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:19 am

I was thinking that maybe you could use the classic Dr. Ivan Robotnik quote: PINGAS! on Mario. For example: He'll pull out his mustache so it's simular to Robotniks, and then his says it :)
Character Taunts Malleo
I was thinking about something like this^

Last edited by Jack on Mon May 25, 2009 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Edit: Fixed a typo and put in a picture)
Back to top Go down
Zer0 Xaminor
Neutral Nuke Brother
Zer0 Xaminor

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

how about luigi says "That's mama luigi to you, mario!"
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:06 am

Would using internet meme's not make the game a bit strange to players unfamiliar with them?
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 am

That depends on how integral the usage of said meme is.
Back to top Go down
Smashbro29
Neutral Nuke Brother

Registration date : 2009-10-11

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:09 am

Callum Stamp wrote:
Would using internet meme's not make the game a bit strange to players unfamiliar with them?

It'd not only do that, but it might come off as lazy to some, as well as stifle any sort of chance at differentiating this from your average fan project.

Just saying from my perspective, keep doing it this way, make your own stuff.
Back to top Go down
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
SingleMaleNurse

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:32 pm

No. The game shouldn't use these. It would be silly and catering to a small number of people. For example:

My 7 year old brother plays the game. Comes up to me : 'What's a pingas?' That would be lolsome.
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm going to say this outright that since you're not in this for money, you'd be way better off focusing on making a good game than worrying about the target audience. To say otherwise is to discard Doom altogether.

Internet memes attract people. People who don't recognize them are already playing your game, so there is no issue there. However people saying, "Oh hey, this game does this and it uses this funny meme", will attract people. The thing to worry about then is to not whore the memes or people will say, "Ew, this shit is meme garbage, tell the designer to make his own jokes."

In all aspects, fuck the target audience, make something worth playing. That will net you FAR more success personally, and socially than catering to a target audience ever will, as anyone who played Twilight Princess can surely relate to. It was decent, but nobody particularly liked it past the initial release, after the fandom died down. It was made purely to appeal to OoT fans, because everyone loved ocarina of time. Ninty didn't focus on making the game good so much as making it look good to the fans, and this ultimately caved in on them.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:10 am

The majority of the population of the internet do not like memes.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Hoeloe, you show me solid evidence of that and we'll continue. Not knowing the existence of memes doesn't count, obviously. If you don't know about something, you can't like or dislike it.

Also, there are already Awesome smilies on Peach's turnips, and Weegee faces. Kind of a weird discussion, this is..
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hoeloe, you show me solid evidence of that and we'll continue. Not knowing the existence of memes doesn't count, obviously. If you don't know about something, you can't like or dislike it.

Also, there are already Awesome smilies on Peach's turnips, and Weegee faces. Kind of a weird discussion, this is..

I never said that memes won't be used at all, but if they are, they will be subtle. While a good deal of people do find memes funny, a lot of people will be put off by the presence of memes at all, whilst only a few people will be put off by an absence of them.
Back to top Go down

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Voucher Codes
Seagrove Beach Real Estate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Taunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Taunts   Character Taunts Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Taunts
Page 1 of 1