Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Item idea thread

Go down 
+47
SP
Gregboy101
Ariand/AEM
K. Xmith [DJ]
smartguy36
Speedtrap
DarthDragon
alphathunder9
RedCap-BlueSpikes
GoldenYuiitusin
Tarvonas
SingleMaleNurse
Goof Ball
TheEvilagram
Zerotwo95
(TSON)
Evilagram
Eraser
Star54321
khcat93
Squidly
itsameSMB
MattDeon
HyruleanHyroe
NinjaC
Jack
Assistance
PlasmaNuke
LP96
tea
~Chozo~
GDKN
boy wonder
tnemrot
BITbyBIT
latias soul dew
Flying Dutchman
Hatakraa
fromia
Hoeloe
8sidedcircle
Tribal-Thunder
fawx
jnightmare
Callum Stamp
BlastNuke
TaroNuke
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TheEvilagram
Neutral Nuke Brother
TheEvilagram

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Item idea thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Star54321 wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Watch it.

Don't spam pointless messages telling people how to post.

Forcing such things only really kills anything you had going for you.

Actually your 2 posts you have broken a few rules namely these

4) Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another member turn to the respective moderator and if the moderator can't help you send a private message to me..

5) Do not spam. No blatant advertising.

11) Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.

17) Don't be a dick

Of those rules, only 17 applies. Arguably 4. I never post to increase post count, having come from forums with the feature disabled entirely. It was not spam, and was wholly topical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI No advertising, no spam. Rule 4 is arbitrary, regardless I used no profanity, and no insults attacking the person in question.

Please read before making pointless accusations and driving things off topic.
Back to top Go down
Star54321
Neutral Nuke Brother
Star54321

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm

TheEvilagram wrote:
Star54321 wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Watch it.

4) Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another member turn to the respective moderator and if the moderator can't help you send a private message to me..

11) Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.

17) Don't be a dick

Of those rules, only 17 applies. Arguably 4. I never post to increase post count, having come from forums with the feature disabled entirely. It was not spam, and was wholly topical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbArvIqZzkI No advertising, no spam. Rule 4 is arbitrary, regardless I used no profanity, and no insults attacking the person in question.

Here are my reasons why

4) You argued with an admin and back answered him too. The rule says you are to respect what he says not argue with him and if you had a problem with him then you are to turn to Callum

5)You did spam. Spam is posting things not relating to the topic. This is a topic to do with ideas for items. Not saying a bunch of weird stuff then letter spamming. If you wanted to turn what you said into non spam you could of said something like. "I like this item too I think it could be a good idea to provide a new stretegy to the player by getting him to set up a trap while time is frozen." If you said something like that noone would complain since it is relevant and benificial to the topic and it would be saying the same thing you did there.

11) NOTE THE TERM If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. See reason for rule 5

17) Self explanitory really. Even you know why I said this.
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Star54321 wrote:
TheEvilagram wrote:
Star54321 wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Watch it.

17) Don't be a dick

Here are my reasons why

4) You argued with an admin and back answered him too. The rule says you are to respect what he says not argue with him and if you had a problem with him then you are to turn to Callum

5)You did spam. Spam is posting things not relating to the topic. This is a topic to do with ideas for items. Not saying a bunch of weird stuff then letter spamming. If you wanted to turn what you said into non spam you could of said something like. "I like this item too I think it could be a good idea to provide a new stretegy to the player by getting him to set up a trap while time is frozen." If you said something like that noone would complain since it is relevant and benificial to the topic and it would be saying the same thing you did there.

11) NOTE THE TERM If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. See reason for rule 5

17) Self explanitory really. Even you know why I said this.

4) I don't respect Callum any more than the mod I argued with. I don't respect anyone who does not earn it through their actions. Arbitrarily demanding respect will not change my mind about anything.

5) If you cannot tell what that "letter spam" is in relation to the topic, then I am seriously sorry for you. The "letter spam" was absolutely topical, and I am not going to waste time explaining its significance. Spam includes messages that have no content, or that actively promote a product. Non-topical messages are not spam as long as they have relevance to the current matter being discussed. If the topic cannot wander, then the conversation is dead.

11) Please notice the context that is described in. Otherwise that sentence would be in the part about spam, not post count raising.

17) Then stop breaking this rule yourself.

Take your next post to PM.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 am

It's one thing to allow a thread to wander, but why does every thread have to become an argument with you?
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:53 am

TaroNuke wrote:
It's one thing to allow a thread to wander, but why does every thread have to become an argument with you?

Arguments are fun, and people keep disputin' my shit.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:03 am

Evilagram wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:

Arguments are fun, and people keep disputin' my shit.
I think he kind of ment: stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Star54321
Neutral Nuke Brother
Star54321

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:26 am

I just thought of a new item and it would be easy to do because mostly everything is in place.

The item could be like a thundercloud and when a player uses it. Everyone gets hit by lightning and takes damage. You could use Pikachu's thunder for the animation and damage taken.
Back to top Go down
Eraser
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Eraser

Male Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm

1)You mean, like a giant cloud covering the stage, or a small cloud moving around?
2) you shouldn't use the same sprites for multiple things, it ruins game quality IMO and shows that the creators were either rushed, lazy, or didn't have enough people to help them.
Back to top Go down
Goof Ball
Neutral Nuke Brother
Goof Ball

Male Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Star54321 wrote:
I just thought of a new item and it would be easy to do because mostly everything is in place.

The item could be like a thundercloud and when a player uses it. Everyone gets hit by lightning and takes damage. You could use Pikachu's thunder for the animation and damage taken.

The cloud item in Mario Kart Wii is preety much the same (except it shrinks). I like that idea Awesome
Back to top Go down
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
SingleMaleNurse

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:30 pm

quote Callum -Ah, hahaha. Team Fortress is pretty cool but I doubt any of it would be welcome in Nuke.

Tomorrow I'm gonna post a moveset for the Pyro I hope will make you think otherwise.

Put in Jarate as an item!
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Items   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Is this topic even alive anymore? Ahh well, I suppose it needs a little Bump.

So! Ideas! Let's see...

Blooper: The squid from Mario Kart! Razz - Basically, when someone activates this item, the screens of all the player's opponents will be sprayed with ink by this little sea-creature. This obviously wouldn't cover the whole screen, otherwise it'd be unfair.. Only segments of the screen would be inked.

POW block: Pick it up, throw it, and when it hits the ground, BAM! Every opponent touching the ground at the same time gets hit by it's devastating force!

Confusion Mushroom (From the JUMP! games on the DS): The player whom touches this item instantly becomes confused. Basically, this results in the player walking the opposite way as desired. Eg. You press the right arrow key and you go left. Similarly, you press the left arrow key and you move right. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture for this one, but maybe one of the Admins have played JUMP! Ultimate stars? I'm not even sure if confusion mushroom is it's actual name. :S

Assist Trophy - Mii parade: Name says it all. A small group of around eight or so random Miis parade around the stage until they either walk off the edge, or disappear as a result of existing too long (for stages with closed spaces).
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:29 am

While I do agree the Mario franchise has some of the best Items ever, we need diversity in numbers.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:27 am

Can you really bump the only topic in the forum?
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 am

Yeah, I s'pose.

Also, regarding there being too many Mario series items, you must also take into account that the Mario franchise is one of the few with large amounts of unique and original items. A majority of other franchises consist only of things like... grenades, guns, swords, etc. I mean, how many grenades can you have in a game?

Anyway... diversity... diversity.... umm..

Well seeing as this game doesn't necessarily revolve around Nintendo characters, I suppose you could add:

Halo 3: Energy Drainer - After picking it up, the player can throw it, and wherever it lands, it activates. It'd light up (as shown in the picture), and would then be surrounded in a vague blue aura (with electricity bolts flashing here and there). Any enemy within this aura would slowly have their damage percentage increase.

Item idea thread - Page 8 100px-Power_Drain_index

Item idea thread - Page 8 300px-Power_Drain_Header - After thrown and activated

I'll keep a look out for other interesting ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 am

It's a crappy idea, but maybe:

Ring (from Sonic):
When you grab one, a ring meter appears by the character's lives.
When you get hit, you lose up to five rings that CANNOT be recollected (disapears) (if you have more than five, you keep the rings you have minus five.)
When you have zero rings, the meter goes away.

@ Tarvanos: ONLY if the Chief gets in. If he doesn't, I don't want ANYTHING from Halo.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 am

Tarvonas wrote:
Yeah, I s'pose.

Also, regarding there being too many Mario series items, you must also take into account that the Mario franchise is one of the few with large amounts of unique and original items. A majority of other franchises consist only of things like... grenades, guns, swords, etc. I mean, how many grenades can you have in a game?

Anyway... diversity... diversity.... umm..

Well seeing as this game doesn't necessarily revolve around Nintendo characters, I suppose you could add:

Halo 3: Energy Drainer - After picking it up, the player can throw it, and wherever it lands, it activates. It'd light up (as shown in the picture), and would then be surrounded in a vague blue aura (with electricity bolts flashing here and there). Any enemy within this aura would slowly have their damage percentage increase.

Item idea thread - Page 8 100px-Power_Drain_index

Item idea thread - Page 8 300px-Power_Drain_Header - After thrown and activated

I'll keep a look out for other interesting ideas. Smile
Interesting! I really like it.

We have been over something.. Similar.. Already ;D in the Nuke team.
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:06 am

Yay! Glad I could be of service. Awesome

---

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
@ Tarvanos: ONLY if the Chief gets in. If he doesn't, I don't want ANYTHING from Halo.

MAYBE though, if he isn't in (which yeah, I doubt he will be.. one can only dream Very Happy), an Assist trophy could compensate? You know, like how dozens of the Assist trophies in brawl include characters whose franchises never made it into the playable aspect of the game?

Maybe a suicide grunt? Hehe... It'd basically run around frantically, holding two active plasma grenades, which... sadly... eventually go off, damaging everyone within the explosion's range. Razz

Item idea thread - Page 8 200px-Suicide_Grunt
Back to top Go down
RedCap-BlueSpikes
Neutral Nuke Brother

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:08 am

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this, but what about TV Item Boxes?
And they wouldn't hold regular items, they would hold special classic Sonic items!
And they'd be randomly picked, and the screen would be fuzzy, so you would
never know what you get(Untill you hit the TV box, the item would pop out)

10 Rings- Gives you ten rings (If you guys add them, that is, kudos to
the user who posted that idea)

Speed Shoes- Would give your character a boost of speed, and not
just a boost of speed, but a air mobility boost ALONG with an attack
speed boost.

Fire Sheild- The fire sheild would give your character an attack boost,
and act as a second sheild, it would also damage anyone in its range
of fire, and would slowly deal damage, and after a while of them being
in its hit box, the damage would get greater, and the speed of damage
being gained would get faster too. But heres where the catch comes in,
the FSheild would shorten jumps, increase damage taken, and the Fsheilds
size would shrink with every hit, and reflects your OWN sheild, so when it
was smashed, you sheild would be almost broken, AND it would decrease
both ground speed, and air mobility, but slightly.

Bubble Sheild- The BSheild would give your character a jump boost
a defense boost, and make them more floaty, it would make your characters air
attack a move where your character slams themself into the ground, dealing damage
on the way down, and when you hit the ground, others get shot out
in all directions, and you bounce up even higher than the first bounce,
AND if you hold the jump button while doing so, your character will float
for a little bit! but it decreases your traction, and while it makes your
character floaty, that also counts for getting flung off the stage.

Lightning Sheild- It would give you what all the other sheilds do (But the boosts would be slighter),
it would give you characters a third, but small, jump, it would add more traction to your
character, it would shoot off sparks as you attack, acting as a projectile, takes some
of your own sheild, and after a while of having it, you'll start taking 1% of damage,
and it would get slowly faster the longer you have it, you can get rid of it by
taunting. This sheild is the rarest, and takes more damage than the others.

And a regular sheild, that acts as a second sheild, and DOES NOT
reflect the players own sheild
(Remember, these sheilds reflect the players own sheild)

Invinciblity- What it says

Rocket Shoes- Gives you character Rocket Shoes and you can
fly around with them, attacking on them.

And Chaos Emeralds, one would make your special Chaos Control,
2 Would upgrade to Chaos Regeneration, and would heal you to
0%, 4 would give you Chaos Rift, 6 would give you Chaos
Blast, and all 7 would give your character a Super form, and
you'd be able to shoot youself three times, like the Dragoon
parts in Brawl, now if hit, you'll do differing damage, it could
range from doing no damage, to an instant kill.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 am

RedCap-BlueSpikes wrote:
I don't know if anyone has already suggested this, but what about TV Item Boxes?
And they wouldn't hold regular items, they would hold special classic Sonic items!
And they'd be randomly picked, and the screen would be fuzzy, so you would
never know what you get(Untill you hit the TV box, the item would pop out)

10 Rings- Gives you ten rings (If you guys add them, that is, kudos to
the user who posted that idea)

Speed Shoes- Would give your character a boost of speed, and not
just a boost of speed, but a air mobility boost ALONG with an attack
speed boost.

Fire Sheild- The fire sheild would give your character an attack boost,
and act as a second sheild, it would also damage anyone in its range
of fire, and would slowly deal damage, and after a while of them being
in its hit box, the damage would get greater, and the speed of damage
being gained would get faster too. But heres where the catch comes in,
the FSheild would shorten jumps, increase damage taken, and the Fsheilds
size would shrink with every hit, and reflects your OWN sheild, so when it
was smashed, you sheild would be almost broken, AND it would decrease
both ground speed, and air mobility, but slightly.

Bubble Sheild- The BSheild would give your character a jump boost
a defense boost, and make them more floaty, it would make your characters air
attack a move where your character slams themself into the ground, dealing damage
on the way down, and when you hit the ground, others get shot out
in all directions, and you bounce up even higher than the first bounce,
AND if you hold the jump button while doing so, your character will float
for a little bit! but it decreases your traction, and while it makes your
character floaty, that also counts for getting flung off the stage.

Lightning Sheild- It would give you what all the other sheilds do (But the boosts would be slighter),
it would give you characters a third, but small, jump, it would add more traction to your
character, it would shoot off sparks as you attack, acting as a projectile, takes some
of your own sheild, and after a while of having it, you'll start taking 1% of damage,
and it would get slowly faster the longer you have it, you can get rid of it by
taunting. This sheild is the rarest, and takes more damage than the others.

And a regular sheild, that acts as a second sheild, and DOES NOT
reflect the players own sheild
(Remember, these sheilds reflect the players own sheild)

Invinciblity- What it says

Rocket Shoes- Gives you character Rocket Shoes and you can
fly around with them, attacking on them.

And Chaos Emeralds, one would make your special Chaos Control,
2 Would upgrade to Chaos Regeneration, and would heal you to
0%, 4 would give you Chaos Rift, 6 would give you Chaos
Blast, and all 7 would give your character a Super form, and
you'd be able to shoot youself three times, like the Dragoon
parts in Brawl, now if hit, you'll do differing damage, it could
range from doing no damage, to an instant kill.

Thanks for the kudos. But I say no Chaos Emeralds, as Sonic already uses them for his Super Nuke. And I say replace Rocket Shoes with Super Speed Shoes, which temporarilly makes the user twice as fast. And add Robotnik face: Does 20% damage to the one who uses it. (Those two are reminicent of the Classic Sonic games, so they should be included.
Back to top Go down
RedCap-BlueSpikes
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:13 pm

True, it would be odd if
someone had 6 chaos emeralds Sonic got the supernuke ball,
and used it. Along with your
ideas, maybe there could be
an Extra Life item, and it would
either heal you to perfect health, or give you an extra life if your
doing stock mode. Oh and your welcome.(Sorry if my comment
is a little un-even, im using my wii's internet channel)
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

RedCap-BlueSpikes wrote:
True, it would be odd if

D'oh! Forgot about the extra life....
Back to top Go down
RedCap-BlueSpikes
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
RedCap-BlueSpikes wrote:
True, it would be odd if

D'oh! Forgot about the extra life....

Guess i kinda took that. Razz

And could also give you some newer Sonic items, like
maybe the item from Sonic rushes multiplayer that
gives the oppenent a slow down, like the Timer from
Brawl, only it wouldn't make them completely slow
down, just attack speed, and running speed.
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 am

RedCap-BlueSpikes wrote:
Along with your

Yeah, maybe a 1-UP mushroom would better-suit that role? You walk over it, and receive a bonus, referring to the respective mode you're playing.

Stock: 1 life.
Time: Full heal
Coin (IF this is a mode): 30 coins.. or something?

Sounds a bit cheap, aye? Well... maybe they can just be really rare? Razz
Back to top Go down
alphathunder9
Neutral Nuke Brother
alphathunder9

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Item idea thread - Page 8 Boo

how boutz this kitty! his power- to skeer uz!lol

no jk this is the real thing
Item idea thread - Page 8 112258-link_epona
maybe epona - you could ride on epona dashing over everyone in ur path
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:54 pm

@alphathunder9: No and No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item idea thread   Item idea thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Item idea thread
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next