Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Disscussion : Fan Characters

Go down 
+2
Ariand/AEM
VirtualSonic43
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VirtualSonic43
Neutral Nuke Brother
VirtualSonic43

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Character Disscussion : Fan Characters Empty
PostSubject: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:07 pm

I know Callum Stamp is a FC/Real Guy but I wanna talk more about the others like TuffTony,Yagoshi,Nazo,and even my character,Dakota The Hedgehog.
These guys and more would be a nice addition plus some more. These guys would have a custom moveset unless we have some moves that will do fine for them. Their icon would be the Nuke Icon like Giga Bowser,Master Hand,and Crazy Hand all non-playable characters but can be hacked in for Smash Bros. Series.
Callum,if you see this right now then please note that you don't need just Sonic,Mario,Samus,or some other main characters,you also gotta focus on Fan Characters around the world and put them on the Roster for once.
Comment if you agree or disagree or think that its just plain out stupid and should be removed from the Fourms.

Good Day!
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:20 pm

VirtualSonic43 wrote:
I know Callum Stamp is a FC/Real Guy but I wanna talk more about my character,Dakota The Hedgehog.
Good Day!
No. This all what I say when reading your post.
No offense, but most Sonic Fan characters are recolors with swords/guns/magical powers. Besides, you were to lazy to even change the species, let's see an image on this character. Also, you probably only mentioned others to get yours in. Nobody likes Sonic recolors, none of them are ever original.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:50 pm

I completely disagree with the OP.
Fan characters are some of the WORST things you can do. UNLESS, they actually have a point. If they are there for the sake of being there, (i.e. Blade and Blue in Super Smash Flash), then no.

And no. Focusing on ACTUAL characters is more important than focusing on fan characters.

Callum is not a fan character, but rather a self-insert, which is something I disagree with as well, but am not actually opposed of. And if TaroNuke and Hoeloe are playable as well, it doesn't matter. Hell, even if this rumored "Yami" original character actually makes the cut, I will be fine. Why? Because he is going to be an enemy in the Adventure Mode.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:41 am

I SHOULD INCLUDE MORE SONIC RECOLORS
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:52 am

There's a big difference between original characters and fan characters.

Fan characters are characters made for a series by fans of the series, example is Blade the Hedgehog.

Original characters are... original. They are characters made by the creator of a series, or simply just a character that someone has created, but not for another series. Example of this is Bitey of Brackenwood. If you think of it another way, Mario is one of Nintendo's original characters.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Hoeloe wrote:

Fan characters are characters made for a series by fans of the series, example is Blade the Hedgehog.

Original characters are... original. They are characters made by the creator of a series, or simply just a character that someone has created, but not for another series. Example of this is Bitey of Brackenwood. If you think of it another way, Mario is one of Nintendo's original characters.
I still have a problem with original characters in this type of game. There are so many other character choices, and putting in fan/original characters over logical choices is not good. But like I said, I am fine with Callum, and if you and TaroNuke are playable, I will be fine, and if "Yami" is in, same deal. Because it makes SENSE.
Back to top Go down
[TM]MarvelFan
Neutral Nuke Brother
[TM]MarvelFan

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:

I still have a problem with original characters in this type of game. There are so many other character choices, and putting in fan/original characters over logical choices is not good. But like I said, I am fine with Callum, and if you and TaroNuke are playable, I will be fine, and if "Yami" is in, same deal. Because it makes SENSE.
As Hoeloe said: Those are Nuke´s original characters
Back to top Go down
http://ssf2.blogspot.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

[TM]MarvelFan wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:

As Hoeloe said: Those are Nuke´s original characters

Reread the bold point.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:25 am

Looks like reading is a long lost skill :/

Oh yeah and because I don't quote things often, it means I don't read them. Just throwing that out there, to someone who made that assumption once.

Bottom line is, even if we did include fan characters, not a single one of them would be a Sonic recolour.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Not even Venice the Hedgehog?
He's technically official...
Lulz. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Disscussion : Fan Characters   Character Disscussion : Fan Characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Disscussion : Fan Characters
Page 1 of 1