Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SNBM Character Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goof Ball
Neutral Nuke Brother
Goof Ball

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-11

SNBM Character Guide Empty
PostSubject: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:49 am

I'm not sure if post this on the Demo section or here...

Anyway, I made this topic to make some combo-guide thing for every character in the game. You can post your own combo (and the name if you have one) and I'll edit this post with it, you can also post pictures of the combo or technique if you have one.

Here's the character list and combos I know so far :/

CONTROLS

A = Action Button
S = Special Button

Mario
Neutral Combo + SDown + SUp

Ness
Neutral Combo + Smash

Well, that's all I remember right now =|

Last edited by Goof Ball on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:38 pm

Let me introduce you to a little thing I like to call "dodging".
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm not the type that ever relied on hitstun.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Evilagram wrote:

Was that really relevant?
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Discussion on combos, and dodging. Hitstun follows.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Evilagram wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Try and follow the conversation next time, rather than just posting something in an attempt to change the topic.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
Evilagram wrote:

Try and follow the conversation next time, rather than just posting something in an attempt to change the topic.

It's part of the topic. Hitstun is what is necessary for combos. I don't rely on it much. Hence I am saying that I don't rely on combos much.

You're the one changing the topic.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:07 pm

ANYWAY, the concept of a combo is that you either can't break out of it period or that it is very hard to do so. Since you can air dodge out of the combo or even crudely DI out of it, it's not a true combo.
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:27 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
ANYWAY, the concept of a combo is that you either can't break out of it period or that it is very hard to do so. Since you can air dodge out of the combo or even crudely DI out of it, it's not a true combo.

Yeah, I never really saw SSB as a very combo based game. Especially since the big goal isn't dealing damage so much as ring outs. I prefer juggling to combos.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm

As crude as the metaphor is, I think it's almost more about mind games than actual techniques. True, skill is important, but since almost everything in the games can be broken out of (or at least influenced by the victim), it more comes down to staying a step ahead of your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
As crude as the metaphor is, I think it's almost more about mind games than actual techniques. True, skill is important, but since almost everything in the games can be broken out of (or at least influenced by the victim), it more comes down to staying a step ahead of your opponent.
I can see this statement to be very true.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Goof Ball
Neutral Nuke Brother
Goof Ball

Male Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm

I agree with all of you. I'm don't do combos much either, but this topic is not all about combos, it's also for techniques and secrets for a character in the game
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:34 pm

itsameSMB wrote:

I prefer a fractal algorithmic approach, whereby matters are handled on a basis of an algorithm refined to perfection. Like a machine. A perfectly programmed machine has no care for mindgames. That and I don't tend to fall for mindgames myself.

Fractal algorithmic because of variance.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Perhaps I overgeneralized my statement. What I meant is that the skill is not so much important as the pragmatic application of it. To put it in perspective, it's less of an "I'll do the difficult technique A so that outcome B will occur" as it is "How do I get positive consequence A by using tactics C, D, E, etc., while minimizing (if not flat out avoiding) negative consequence B?"
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Evilagram

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:50 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
Perhaps I overgeneralized my statement. What I meant is that the skill is not so much important as the pragmatic application of it. To put it in perspective, it's less of an "I'll do the difficult technique A so that outcome B will occur" as it is "How do I get positive consequence A by using tactics C, D, E, etc., while minimizing (if not flat out avoiding) negative consequence B?"

Yeah, mindgames honestly would be effective on people, I don't use them myself, instead seeking victory with skill entirely in a game context. It's a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SNBM Character Guide   SNBM Character Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

SNBM Character Guide
Page 1 of 1