Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Flash 2

Go down 
+21
Gregboy101
GoldenYuiitusin
yoh kun
Tarvonas
alphathunder9
Mystyr Nile
Smashbro29
RamOne
Master10
Star54321
(TSON)
Evilagram
Flying Dutchman
itsameSMB
egruntz
TaroNuke
Hoeloe
GDKN
Jack
Callum Stamp
Squidly
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Raising the frame rate is a no-go I'm afraid. You see, it's not the frame rate that is the problem. Indeed, at full speed, the game is perfectly fine. It's the lag that comes when uploaded into a browser. The game will not be able to run faster than 28 FPS (our current framerate), and so we have kept it at that. We are working very hard on reducing lag throughout the game, and when this works, it produces a very fast-paced fighting game.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Raising the frame rate is a no-go I'm afraid. You see, it's not the frame rate that is the problem. Indeed, at full speed, the game is perfectly fine. It's the lag that comes when uploaded into a browser. The game will not be able to run faster than 28 FPS (our current framerate), and so we have kept it at that. We are working very hard on reducing lag throughout the game, and when this works, it produces a very fast-paced fighting game.

Are you going to put a downloadable version, at least of the demos?
It would help a lot of people out, especially those who want to play it on full screen.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
I don't really see having online as a threat, since if your engine sucks as much as SSF2's then it won't matter.

I have a feeling that you haven't played the game, the engine's fine, the characters, however, AREN'T.

And Callum, you don't fight fire with fire, you fight fire with blue (very hot) fire, or maybe even plasma.

Oh. I've played the game alright.

All those wasted hours bugtesting a broken game. Yes.

What I saw of it, the Engine feels just like the normal SSB, just a bit slower, but come on, give them a break.

What it felt to me, was something trying to be SSB, but not fully feeling comfortable. Moving, attacking, hitboxes, everything is awkward.

I don't know about you, but I felt right at home with it (and I've been playing SSB since game one, day one,) if only the game was put into better, less nerdy, hands.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure any SSB feels nothing like the SSF2 engine. Its too awkward.

I like the controls, of course, they COULD be better, I set my grab to space, and I felt fine, but I can see some keyboards in which it would be a problem, and shield's a bit to hardly accessed, of course, you CAN adjust controls.

But the thing that really needs fixing with SNBM, is the speed, higher the frame rate, the game's a bit too slow.

I don't know about that, since SNBM is faster than SSF2........
Back to top Go down
http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:30 pm

GDKN wrote:
EvilQuoteMonster wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Die you evil quote from hell!

Wait, what? NOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEESSSSS!

Well, maybe you're right, I played SNBM online, and I played SSF2 as a downloaded demo, either way, you guys should still make a downloadable version.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
EvilQuoteMonster wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Well, maybe you're right, I played SNBM online, and I played SSF2 as a downloaded demo, either way, you guys should still make a downloadable version.

reminds me of how MASSIVE the loading is for SSF2.
It loads like a full retail game D:

And even after the bar is done, it has to load the audio, which takes a long while too. So you're suck on the load screen for abit.
I mean, I'd be alittle less harsh on the game, if it didn't already piss me off before I even get to play.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
EvilQuoteMonster wrote:
Squidly wrote:

And even after the bar is done, it has to load the audio, which takes a long while too. So you're suck on the load screen for abit.
I mean, I'd be alittle less harsh on the game, if it didn't already piss me off before I even get to play.

All flash games have a large initial load, also, if you download it, it runs very smoothely.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
EvilQuoteMonster wrote:
Squidly wrote:

All flash games have a large initial load, also, if you download it, it runs very smoothely.

But out of all the games i've played, SSF2's load pisses me off the most.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:12 am

Squidly wrote:
This game's pretty much screwed.

Because SNBM is definitely NOT getting online? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:44 am

TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Yeah... I thought it was obvious that's how the average flash gamer goes.

The average flash game will get about 2 hours of somebodies life wasted on it, however, if there's online, even MORE time will be spent on it.

Example: Stick Arena
Release Date: 2006
Population: Lots of people, ever since 2006.

Example: Territory War Online
Release Date: 2008
Population: Last time I checked, lots.

Example: Billions of Facebook Flash Game Apps
Release Date: Whenever they were released
Population: Wtf Amounts

You see, if there's a good online support, like tracking wins, losses, and whatnot, people will ALWAYS follow their competitive side and strive to be the best, the biggest reasons SSB became so popular was because of its constant tournaments support, it's massive fan base, and other community driven things.

It feels good to know other guys are playing with you, if you don't feel that, people will just unlock all the characters, get all the extras, win all the medals (if you're adding NG medal support,) and then never play the game again.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Squidly wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Yeah... I thought it was obvious that's how the average flash gamer goes.

The average flash game will get about 2 hours of somebodies life wasted on it, however, if there's online, even MORE time will be spent on it.

Example: Stick Arena
Release Date: 2006
Population: Lots of people, ever since 2006.

Example: Territory War Online
Release Date: 2008
Population: Last time I checked, lots.

Example: Billions of Facebook Flash Game Apps
Release Date: Whenever they were released
Population: Wtf Amounts

You see, if there's a good online support, like tracking wins, losses, and whatnot, people will ALWAYS follow their competitive side and strive to be the best, the biggest reasons SSB became so popular was because of its constant tournaments support, it's massive fan base, and other community driven things.

It feels good to know other guys are playing with you, if you don't feel that, people will just unlock all the characters, get all the extras, win all the medals (if you're adding NG medal support,) and then never play the game again.
Everyone is actually kind of what the fuck towards you since you just implied Nuke will not have Online. I mean we haven't deconfirmed it EVER.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Everyone is actually kind of what the fuck towards you since you just implied Nuke will not have Online. I mean we haven't deconfirmed it EVER.

Oh, well I misunderstood, I remember a topic where somebody said "pls mke gayme hve online" and you said something about it not going to since there's too many issues and whatnot, I think.

Eh, well, if you have online, then this might as well be the end for all other SSB flash games.

In all honesty, I think SSF 2 will upset more people then it will please, the only reason why SSF 1 was so popular was because, at the time, it was the ONLY SSB Flash game (that was somewhat decent, and got NG's front page.)
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:

Oh, well I misunderstood, I remember a topic where somebody said "pls mke gayme hve online" and you said something about it not going to since there's too many issues and whatnot, I think.

Eh, well, if you have online, then this might as well be the end for all other SSB flash games.

In all honesty, I think SSF 2 will upset more people then it will please, the only reason why SSF 1 was so popular was because, at the time, it was the ONLY SSB Flash game (that was somewhat decent, and got NG's front page.)

uhh, it kinda already has upset more people than it pleases.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:

Actually, no, since most people don't know it's in the works, and everyone on McLeodGaming is all happy about it and crap.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't get a shit of this conversation.
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Jack wrote:

A discussion on the popular Super Smash Flash 2, and its influence on Super Nuke Bros.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:35 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

A discussion on the popular Super Smash Flash 2, and its influence on Super Nuke Bros.

Well, at least I stopped bashing it eventually.

That was just hilarious.

I still don't like it, mind, I just stopped openly bashing. Awesome
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 pm

... Ok guys, I'm not retarded. I just ment that this conversation is long and stupid xD.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Still worth having though.

Maybe we could do without the Quote Triangles though...
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Hoeloe wrote:

They're quote pyramids. I don't see how they could be called triangles :/
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:09 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:

They're quote pyramids. I don't see how they could be called triangles :/

A pyramid is a 3 dimensional triangle. Since I have yet to see a 3-D forum, I stand by my statement of "Quote Triangles"

Wink
Back to top Go down
egruntz
Neutral Nuke Brother

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Eh Super Smash Flash won't compete. Sorry if I'm offending anyone in saying this, but it's really just a crap game. I know some of you like it -coughCALLUMcough- but, still. The controls are horrible. Why am I moving with A and D when the arrow keys are right there? It just has a weird feel to it. Also, playing the demo, the entire game is just a copy-cat of Brawl. There's no original stages, no original music, and even the buttons on the select screen were just taken from Brawl. It's whimpy. They got some pretty whack choices in characters, too. Mr. Incredible in SSF1? I wouldn't be surprised to see Hancock in here, to be honest.

Do I even need to say anything about how rape Nuke Bros. is?

...I thought not.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Jack wrote:

I thought it was a discussion about the competiton between SSF 2 and SNBM...

egruntz wrote:
Eh Super Smash Flash won't compete. Sorry if I'm offending anyone in saying this, but it's really just a crap game. I know some of you like it -coughCALLUMcough- but, still. The controls are horrible. Why am I moving with A and D when the arrow keys are right there? It just has a weird feel to it. Also, playing the demo, the entire game is just a copy-cat of Brawl. There's no original stages, no original music, and even the buttons on the select screen were just taken from Brawl. It's whimpy. They got some pretty whack choices in characters, too. Mr. Incredible in SSF1? I wouldn't be surprised to see Hancock in here, to be honest.

Do I even need to say anything about how rape Nuke Bros. is?

...I thought not.

The buttons, using A and D, are standard gaming controls, they are usually meant for right handed players, so people can use the mouse easier.
And the game is SUPPOSED to be a copycat of brawl, hence the name, Super Smash Flash 2

And I'm expecting original stages, I'm pretty SURE there will be original stages, it would be unusual for there not to be.

And yeah, the Characters are the game's down point.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:

Actually, no, since most people don't know it's in the works, and everyone on McLeodGaming is all happy about it and crap.

Quite abit of the devs are pretty unhappy about many various areas of the game, if I remember.
The rest of MG is 12 so they don't really count.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 pm

GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Squidly wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:

Quite abit of the devs are pretty unhappy about many various areas of the game, if I remember.
The rest of MG is 12 so they don't really count.

Hmm... So the DEVS don't even like their own game?
That's a really crappy team they've got going there.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Aw, I missed the convo. I want to rant about SSF2 as well!

Anyway, like GDKN, I was once an SSF2 "developer" (a term I use lightly; I had about as much to do with the actual construction of the game as I do with SNBM). Let me tell you, there is no team more incompetent and clueless than that group. First of all, they can never stick with anything. I admit, I was a bit guilty of it at the time, but not like these guys. You were lucky if you could get them to stick with the color of Sonic's eyes (That was actually an argument)! Everything is always getting replaced, but not always for the better.

Secondly, they've got the game designing capabilites of a tree. Actually, I suppose that's a bit harsh; at least a tree is consistent. I don't know how far back you folks have played, but in the earlier demos, Mario's side special was a clone of Luigi's. I joined the forum to resolve this and give him the cape, but when one of the more "prominent" members there said it was a "useless" move and only "nubs" would like it. Anyone who's seen a competitive Mario played in a competitive match knows that Mario's cape is beastly. Do you know how many people actually supported me for giving the cape to Mario at the time out of the 50 or so devs?

Two.

Everyone else was being a moronic sheep and not even realizing both the value of the cape and the cheapness of the current one. Somehow, though, the cape won and this "prominent" member really didn't like it, so he half-assed an animation of Mario putting a bob-omb down and wanted that to be the new side special. Luckily, you can see that didn't work, but the point is that the devs have no clue what the hell they are doing.

I have one more anecdote to prove it. You know what Peach was to play like in SSF2 before I joined the forum? A swordsman. A GODDAMN SWORDSMAN. Sure, she didn't actually use a sword, but her entire moveset (ENTIRE moveset) was based around that retarted parasol from SPP. You know her SSBM/SSBB down special? In SSF2, she was to pluck a turnip USING THE UMBRELLA and not even hold onto it. Sorta like Olimar Kirby, but even suckier. Do you know what happened when I tried to give her her SSBM/SSBB moveset?

Total warfare.

I can't remember a single other person who completely supported her changing from the "prominent" member's design. I could go on and on about how much they suck at this, but basically, they were going to make Peach a sword user. Yeah.

My sentiments in a nutshell are that SSF2 had potential, but it screwed itself in with its choices. I'm going to sound like an ass for saying this, but it is beyond redemption. SSF2 is not going to be an amazing game; it is going to be SSF1's sequel, if you catch my drift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Flash 2   Super Smash Flash 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Flash 2
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next