Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances

Go down 
+12
Hoeloe
[TM]MarvelFan
Ariand/AEM
Gregboy101
TaroNuke
yoh kun
Tarvonas
SingleMaleNurse
Flying Dutchman
Callum Stamp
DarthDragon
GoldenYuiitusin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:13 pm

In this board, I'm putting the chances of the characters from the SSB series to be in Nuke, from what I believe. It ranges from Confirmed, Very Likely, Moderately Likely, Not Likely, and Disconfirmed. If, upon request by Callum, TaroNuke, or Hoeloe, I will delete this topic. Changes are also expected to be made as time goes on.

1. Mario-Confirmed
2. Luigi-Very Likely
3. Peach-Confirmed (Sports clothing)
4. Bowser-Confirmed
5. Dr. Mario-Not Likely
6. Yoshi-Confirmed
7. Donkey Kong-Confirmed
8. Diddy Kong-Very Likely
9. Wario-Moderately Likely
10. Link-Confirmed
11a. Zelda-Very Likely
11b. Sheik-Moderately Likely
12. Ganondorf-Moderately Likely
13. Young Link-Not Likely
14. Toon Link-Not Likely
15a. Samus-Confirmed
15b. Zero Suit Samus-Not Likely
16. Fox-Confirmed
17. Falco-Confirmed (Semi)
18. Wolf-Not Likely
19. Kirby-Confirmed
20. Meta Knight-Confirmed (Semi)
21. King Dedede-Very Likely
22. Pikachu-Confirmed
23. Jigglypuff-Very Likely
24. Mewtwo-Confirmed (Semi)
25. Pichu-Not Likely
26. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)-Confirmed (Note: The TRAINER is confirmed. Not the Pokemon.) (PT's appearance is based off of R/B, not Fr/Lg like in Brawl.)
27. Lucario-Not Likely
28. Captain Falcon-Confirmed
29. Ness-Confirmed
30. Lucas-Very Likely
31. Ice Climbers-Disconfirmed (The Nuke engine can't support both Popo and Nana)
32. Marth-Confirmed
33. Roy-Confirmed
34. Ike-Not Likely
35. Mr. Game & Watch-Confirmed (Semi)
36. Pit-Moderately Likely
37. Olimar-Deconfirmed (The Nuke engine can't support the Pikmin)
38. R.O.B.-Moderately Likely
39. Snake-Confirmed (Old Snake)
40. Sonic-Confirmed

2/11/10:
Changed Falco from Moderately Likely to Confirmed.
Changed Meta Knight from Very Likely to Confirmed.
Changed Roy from Not Likely to Confirmed.
Changed Mewtwo from Very Likely to Confirmed.
Changed Lucas from Moderately Likely to Very Likely.

4/12/10:
Added "Semi" to the previously added Confirmed. (Except Roy, as his artwork has been shown.) The leak is old, so it may or may not be revelant.

4/15/10:
Changed Mr. Game & Watch from Moderately Likely to Confirmed, but with "Semi".

4/21/10:
Changed Captain Falcon from Very Likely to Confirmed.
Changed Pokemon Trainer from Not Likely to Confirmed.

Last edited by GoldenYuiitusin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

The list is altogether likely to be true, as it seems, although the Young Link thing puzzles me. IIRC, Callum said he liked YL, and I remember that YL is a very famous character. I just thought he might be budged up a notch on the likely scale, but that's just my opinion. Good work on this list though.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:40 pm

DarthDragon wrote:
The list is altogether likely to be true, as it seems, although the Young Link thing puzzles me. IIRC, Callum said he liked YL, and I remember that YL is a very famous character. I just thought he might be budged up a notch on the likely scale, but that's just my opinion. Good work on this list though.
I may be wrong, but I thought they said that there would be no clones, so I don't think a second Link, Young or Toon, is going to make the cut. Thanks for the praise!
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:48 am

It's awesome to look at this list knowing what I know and have been working on.

Of course you must realize that we can't put all of these characters in, and that
we have another million universes to choose from. : ) epic list.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:51 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Taro deconfirmed Wolf a long time ago.

I'd say Lucas is out too, because you have to admit - Ness and Lucas are way similiar. I think the team will do the wise thing and only have one Mother representative.
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
It's awesome to look at this list knowing what I know and have been working on.

Of course you must realize that we can't put all of these characters in, and that
we have another million universes to choose from. : ) epic list.
I am well aware that not all the characters are going to be in. This list just represents what I feel the chances of certain characters are to be in SNBM. I'm glad you like it!

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Taro deconfirmed Wolf a long time ago.

I'd say Lucas is out too, because you have to admit - Ness and Lucas are way similiar. I think the team will do the wise thing and only have one Mother representative.

I will need proof, but I figured that Wolf had low chances anyway.
In fact, it was TaroNuke that made me put Mewtwo for High and Lucario for Low because of his hatred for Lucario.
As for Ness and Lucas, to me, and to most other people, they are like Mario and Luigi. They have many similarities, but are different enough to not be clones.
Most people would disagree about having only one Mother representative though, and they want more than what Brawl had. (People were complaining about no Kumatora, or Masked Man!) They need to STFU. It should be Ness, Lucas, and Ninten for SSB. The 3 main heroes. As for SNBM, I wouldn't be surprised if Ness was the only one. But Lucas has a Medium chance.
Back to top Go down
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
SingleMaleNurse

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Why does Taro hate Lucario?
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 pm

SingleMaleNurse wrote:

Because Taro has good taste
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
SingleMaleNurse wrote:

No. Because he is one of the people that are under the illusion that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Which is not true. Both were supposed to be in. Mewtwo was almost finished when he was cut. Pokemon
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
As for Ness and Lucas, to me, and to most other people, they are like Mario and Luigi. They have many similarities, but are different enough to not be clones.
Most people would disagree about having only one Mother representative though, and they want more than what Brawl had. (People were complaining about no Kumatora, or Masked Man!) They need to STFU. It should be Ness, Lucas, and Ninten for SSB. The 3 main heroes. As for SNBM, I wouldn't be surprised if Ness was the only one. But Lucas has a Medium chance.

Earthbound hasn't even been released over here in Australia... I wouldn't have heard of the game if it weren't for Smash brothers. America and Japan are the only places Earthbound was released, so frankly, it isn't as famous as you say it is. Heck, if that franchise were to have all three main characters in the game, does that not mean that every other franchise should have the same privilege?

Personally, I think Ness is plenty. One annoying little kid is enough, thank you. Razz
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 am

Tarvonas wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

Earthbound hasn't even been released over here in Australia... I wouldn't have heard of the game if it weren't for Smash brothers. America and Japan are the only places Earthbound was released, so frankly, it isn't as famous as you say it is. Heck, if that franchise were to have all three main characters in the game, does that not mean that every other franchise should have the same privilege?

Personally, I think Ness is plenty. One annoying little kid is enough, thank you. Razz
America, Japan, and EUROPE. And people treat it like if it was made by God. I personally don't give a crap about the series, but the main heroes should be playable.
As for "every other series", almost all the worthy ones do. Mother is in the worthy list. So is F-Zero, which needs at least another character.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:00 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
SingleMaleNurse wrote:

No. Because he is one of the people that are under the illusion that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Which is not true. Both were supposed to be in. Mewtwo was almost finished when he was cut. Pokemon

Objection!

The data was present in the game, but could not be salvaged. As far as my knowledge goes, there was no way of telling how advanced the coding actually was. Data for his Victory Theme might have been found, but that could not be salvaged either - so it's unknown whether the file in question was even complete.

Besides, if the data from Brawl would tell you anything, Plusle and Minun would've had just as much of a chance of appearing as Mewtwo did.

F-Zero and Mother are fine with just one character. Number of characters in the series is not as important (or SHOULD not be) as how easily one would recognize the character. For instance, if I have to explain to you who a certain character is, I feel I would have done my job wrong. You should even vaguely be able to tell just who that character is, what world he or she is from and so on. On the internet, we get an abundancy of information thrown towards us, information that we remember and therefore we can recognize a whole series of characters most people should never have heard about. I feel this warps our sense of which characters should or should not be in the game.

For instance, when I told my friend about Samurai Goroh's state in Brawl, he asked me who Samurai Goroh was. It was obvious to me, even though I've only played 1 F-Zero game. Such things may not be obvious to anyone.

And as I would like to state again: amount of characters in the actual series =/= characters in this game, otherwise the amount of Pokémon would be through the roof.

Plus, Black Shadow would be really uninspired. <_< That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
SingleMaleNurse wrote:

Objection!

The data was present in the game, but could not be salvaged. As far as my knowledge goes, there was no way of telling how advanced the coding actually was. Data for his Victory Theme might have been found, but that could not be salvaged either - so it's unknown whether the file in question was even complete.

Besides, if the data from Brawl would tell you anything, Plusle and Minun would've had just as much of a chance of appearing as Mewtwo did.

Overruled!

The reason why it couldn't be salvaged is that Nintendo had to null the data when he/it couldn't be in the game (as to prevent hacking, which Nintendo hates), but they couldn't delete it completely, as removing data completely would eff up the game in some way. So the data was made into "dummy" files. Seeing as Mewtwo has the most "dummy" files over the others proves that he/it was the most worked on.
As for "Pra_Mai", it is unknown if it IS Plusle & Minun or not. (There is no way to prove it at this time) That aside, like I said before, they had less "dummy" files than Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
SingleMaleNurse wrote:

Objection!

Overruled!

The reason why it couldn't be salvaged is that Nintendo had to null the data when he/it couldn't be in the game (as to prevent hacking, which Nintendo hates), but they couldn't delete it completely, as removing data completely would eff up the game in some way. So the data was made into "dummy" files. Seeing as Mewtwo has the most "dummy" files over the others proves that he/it was the most worked on.
As for "Pra_Mai", it is unknown if it IS Plusle & Minun or not. (There is no way to prove it at this time) That aside, like I said before, they had less "dummy" files than Mewtwo.
Except that it is the correct Japanese translation?
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
SingleMaleNurse wrote:

No. Because he is one of the people that are under the illusion that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Which is not true. Both were supposed to be in. Mewtwo was almost finished when he was cut. :Pokemon:

Objection!

Overruled!

Hold it!

The name "Pra_Mai" fits Plusle & Minun to a T.. in the original Japanese: "Prasle" & "Mainun". Also, the amount of dummy files doesn't prove that one character was worked on more or less than the other, as work may not have progressed a whole lot after all. There's no way of telling!

(Actually, I think you're right, I just like trying to act like a Phoenix Wright character :D)
Back to top Go down
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
SingleMaleNurse

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

Sigh... Why blame Lucario when you can blame Sakurai?
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

SingleMaleNurse wrote:
Sigh... Why blame Lucario when you can blame Sakurai?

Well, at least somebody missed the point Awesome
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Plusle=Purasle/Prasle (Serebii vs. Blubapedia)
Minun=Minun (Both)

NOT Mainun.

Anyways it would be wierd to put them on the same file, as Popo and Nana have separate ones.
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:48 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

America, Japan, and EUROPE.

Nope, not Europe. According to Earthbound Wiki, it was only released in Japan and America. Of course, Wikipedia isn't always a reliable source, but I think those whom made the Earthbound Wiki would know their stuff in regards to the Mother franchise.. :S

-- Yeah, I know I'm a bit late with this, but hey, better late than never. Razz
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Minun=Minun (Both)

NOT Mainun.

Anyways it would be wierd to put them on the same file, as Popo and Nana have separate ones.

You pronounce the word als "Mainun", same with "Purasuru" -> "Plusle". They're the same words as in English, just pronounced that way.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:30 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Minun=Minun (Both)

NOT Mainun.

You pronounce the word als "Mainun", same with "Purasuru" -> "Plusle". They're the same words as in English, just pronounced that way.

Pronounciation=/=Spelling.
Anyways, if Sakurai went by Japanese variations of the same name in Japan (Excluding Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, as their Japanese names are used)
Pikachu would be....Pikachu....
Lucario would be Rukario
Mewtwo would be Myuutsu
So why would Plusle and Minun get special treatment?
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Minun=Minun (Both)

NOT Mainun.

Pronounciation=/=Spelling.
Anyways, if Sakurai went by Japanese variations of the same name in Japan (Excluding Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, as their Japanese names are used)
Pikachu would be....Pikachu....
Lucario would be Rukario
Mewtwo would be Myuutsu
So why would Plusle and Minun get special treatment?

I wondered about that for a while, too. However, you answered it yourself - the Trainer's Pokémon got their japanese names (Zenigame, Fushigisou and Lizardon, I believe) and so did Pikachu. Plusle and Minun didn't get special treatment, the programming team was just really inconsistent. It's not special treatment, just weird programming. Besides, you're better off argumenting Lucario and Mewtwo got special treatment, since most of the Pokémon have their names in Japanese (5 out of 7).
Back to top Go down
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
SingleMaleNurse

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Maybe Plusle and Minun worked differently than the Ice Climbers. I can't really guess how, but speculation is all we really have.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

SingleMaleNurse wrote:
Maybe Plusle and Minun worked differently than the Ice Climbers. I can't really guess how, but speculation is all we really have.
Exactly.
Basically, until hackers are completely able to show what Pra_Mai actually is, I refuse to say that it IS Plusle and Minun. I do not doubt that it is, though.

But why are we even talking about Plusle in Minun for Brawl, when the topic is veteran chances in SNBM, which P+M won't be in for the same reason as Olimar and the Ice Climbers?

Anyway, any new information come up for me to edit the list yet?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Sorry to Double-Post, but I have news.
This came to my attention (as not only does it reference veterans, it mentions many NEWCOMERS as well.). I will edit my list.

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=39354

(I can digitally edit my voice to try to be Yami, if you want Callum. But seeing how my James audition went, I doubt you will...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next