Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy

Go down 
+3
Hoeloe
GoldenYuiitusin
Gregboy101
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

Male Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy Empty
PostSubject: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Maybe we could put in Ed Edd n Eddy from the popular tv series of the same name
Back to top Go down
http://www.greginc.weebly.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:11 pm

As much as I would love the idea to "Can-Opener Man" someone, I say no random cartoon characters in Nuke. (I know Ed, Edd 'n Eddy is popular, but it's random to have the Eds in a game filled with famous video game fighters mostly from Nintendo.)
And no three in one character other than Pokemon Trainer.
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Well I was thinking that the three eds would have their own character select without pressing the D-button
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:38 am

Gregboy101 wrote:
Well I was thinking that the three eds would have their own character select without pressing the D-button

We don't have space for unlimited characters, let alone gimmick "wtf" characters like the three Eds. If we did include them, it would likely be an unpopular choice, as a lot of people whose favourite characters were not included would likely feel like their choice had been replaced by three practically identical characters.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:52 am

well what makes you say that?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:51 am

Aside from that, if it can't handle two Ice Climbers, it can't handle THREE Eds.
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:53 am

look, can we just give them their own character select boxes, they don't have to be together when played
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm

So you're saying have them as three separate characters?
No.
I doubt ANY Newcoming series will get more than character. Smash Bros. made it that way (with Roy being the only exception). And for Nuke, I hope it stays. (i.e. no Sephiroth, Black Mage, etc. since Cloud is in.)
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm

But it will make the game more popular, what makes you think its a bad idea
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Because Smash Bros. is supposed to be about VIDEO GAME characters.
Nintendo characters specifically, but with the addition of Sonic and Snake in Brawl, 3rd party characters have been expected. Nuke is carrying on the tradition.
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy is a cartoon. That's not even made by Nintendo. Why not add Chuck Norris while we're at it?
Rayman, I can understand. He's a famous video game character. The Ed's? No. Cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:46 am

Well Greg Mcleod added characters from Inuyasha and Naruto, so they are cartoons
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:48 am

Gregboy101 wrote:
Well Greg Mcleod added characters from Inuyasha and Naruto, so they are cartoons

We aren't Mcleod. We put a lot of thought into the characters we choose to be in this game, and we don't just go "HEY KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL? *add character*". We did do that for the older version of the game, and it didn't turn out well. Each character has been thoroughly assessed with lots of criteria, not just who we want to see, but who others want to see, and how well they can work in the game, how they can be made balanced, and how they can work in original ways to make the game interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:58 am

Wait a minute are you saying you putted he eds in when the game was being made before?
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola
Neutral Nuke Brother
Corka Cola

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 am

1) Stop with this noobish idea. It's a SSB-based game, so Nintendo characters and some 3rd Party characters.
2) Cleod has no idea of what to do considering his game loses popularity by the minute and his game will lose to this one, as it has already.
3) Go make that as an expansion for SSF2, then, if you really want them.

Hence why secretive forums are the best. You don't have to deal with noobs.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:12 am

But I don't know how to do that, plus it's also extremely hard to edit sprites
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am

We didn't have the Eds in before, but we had other characters that were just as equally ridiculous. The best example of which was probably Cheese the Chao. In an older version of SNBM, Cheese was playable, but underpowered, boring, and hopeless.

Plus, I think you can get sprites of the Eds on the internet anyway, I'm sure I've seen some before.
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Well I do have the sprites, but when save a picture on my laptop, it comes as jpg, So I am stuck with the compter in my room for no jpg, still it's hard to edit sprites
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Corka Cola wrote:
1) Stop with this noobish idea. It's a SSB-based game, so Nintendo characters and some 3rd Party characters.
2) Cleod has no idea of what to do considering his game loses popularity by the minute and his game will lose to this one, as it has already.
I agree with 1), but 2) is false.
SSF2 is admittedly more hyped than Nuke. (Probably because it's been advertised more.)
The reason why it's more hyped, is because unlike SSF1, SSF2 is REALLY close to Brawl in terms of movesets. Nuke doesn't have all of the movesets, but what it does have, is handmade characters rather than a bunch a sprites that look out of place when put together. Because they are handmade, it takes more work, and is more admirable, as well as the end result being more desireable.

I say this, simply because I am hyped for both. Please don't flame me for wanting to play SSF2, because I want to play Nuke too. (I want to play almost every fanmade Smash Bros.)
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Alright to be honest, I have know idea what that has to do with any of this?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Gregboy101 wrote:
Alright to be honest, I have know idea what that has to do with any of this?
That's because I wasn't talking to you. When you see a quote, it means I'm talking directly to someone, and that someone alone is supposed to read it.
However, if someone wants to add a point to that particular discussion, they can quote the quoter.
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola
Neutral Nuke Brother
Corka Cola

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:13 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Corka Cola wrote:
SSF2 is admittedly more hyped than Nuke. (Probably because it's been advertised more.)
The reason why it's more hyped, is because unlike SSF1, SSF2 is REALLY close to Brawl in terms of movesets. Nuke doesn't have all of the movesets, but what it does have, is handmade characters rather than a bunch a sprites that look out of place when put together. Because they are handmade, it takes more work, and is more admirable, as well as the end result being more desireable.

I say this, simply because I am hyped for both. Please don't flame me for wanting to play SSF2, because I want to play Nuke too. (I want to play almost every fanmade Smash Bros.)

I agree with you on the fact that I play many SSB fangames, but the problem is is that right now, I have only seen three good ones, SSF, SSF2, and SNBM. This game is definitely the cleanest and am looking forward to more. Because some of them are crap, people flock to the biggest community, which is MG. Their forums have been devastated by noobs and have had many vets leave because of it. I have been around their network for about a year now to notice it.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Corka Cola wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Corka Cola wrote:

I agree with you on the fact that I play many SSB fangames, but the problem is is that right now, I have only seen three good ones, SSF, SSF2, and SNBM. This game is definitely the cleanest and am looking forward to more. Because some of them are crap, people flock to the biggest community, which is MG. Their forums have been devastated by noobs and have had many vets leave because of it. I have been around their network for about a year now to notice it.
Well, SSF was good for it's time, then as the years went by, people realized it was crap. SSF2 is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola
Neutral Nuke Brother
Corka Cola

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Agreed. Are you on any other forums?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Corka Cola wrote:
Agreed. Are you on any other forums?
Glitch City Laboratories as "Chaos Hiruko".
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola
Neutral Nuke Brother
Corka Cola

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 am

Oh, you reminded me of a few people on the Expansions Forums when I did contribute. I was just wondering.

Back on topic or lock?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy   Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Topic 2:Ed Edd n Eddy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next