Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roster Dicussion TOpic?

Go down 
+3
Callum Stamp
GDKN
~Chozo~
7 posters
AuthorMessage
~Chozo~
Neutral Nuke Brother
~Chozo~

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Roster Dicussion TOpic? Empty
PostSubject: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 pm

Guess we should discuss who's confirmed so far right. THat being Link Mario and sonic? According to the site anyway. THose are teh only "real confirmed" characters.

Meh I hope link isn't too much like he is in brawl. Because in melee he was so much better. WHen I played him in brawl I almost legit cried.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

~Chozo~ wrote:
Guess we should discuss who's confirmed so far right. THat being Link Mario and sonic? According to the site anyway. THose are teh only "real confirmed" characters.

Meh I hope link isn't too much like he is in brawl. Because in melee he was so much better. WHen I played him in brawl I almost legit cried.

i always found it wierd how I sucked with link in melee, but was instantly good with him in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 pm

~Chozo~ wrote:

Again, I'm sorry it has to be this way. When we're starting to unveil the game bit by bit, you'll realise why we did it like this.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 am

GDKN wrote:

i always found it wierd how I sucked with link in melee, but was instantly good with him in Brawl.

That's because it's way easier to be 'good' in brawl >_>
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
GDKN wrote:

For most people that seems to be true...

but I was better in Melee D:
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
GDKN wrote:

I was pretty damn good in Melee, and I consider Brawl more of a party game.
Melee was easy to play, difficult to master. Brawl is easy to play, easy to spam
your opponent with overpowered attacks.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
GDKN wrote:

I was pretty damn good in Melee, and I consider Brawl more of a party game.
Melee was easy to play, difficult to master. Brawl is easy to play, easy to spam
your opponent with overpowered attacks.

I'm not much of a gamer, surprisingly, and I've always treated Smash as "The best party game known to mankind."
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 pm

I've actually gone into competitive Melee and it honestly can't touch Brawl.... as a fighting game. As a party game, Brawl is a lot of fun.

Anyway, let's keep this sort of on-topic... What we do know is what it says on the site, right? That easily confirms the following:

Mario
Link
Sonic
Pikachu
Kirby

Pika and Kirb being shown in screenshots.
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
~Chozo~
Neutral Nuke Brother
~Chozo~

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Light dash for sonic's side b is meg. It works I jsut feel as if he probably has something with more oomph.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:40 am

~Chozo~ wrote:
Light dash for sonic's side b is meg. It works I jsut feel as if he probably has something with more oomph.

With his improvements, Sonic is actually a good character now. We are aiming for perfect balance in this game, but obviously that's impossible. Out of the small range of different levels of character, Sonic is already near the top. The characters are all useable, none are ridiculously weak, but none are broken either. Light Dash works really well as a recovery move and an attack, but with any more oomph, he might well become a broken character... :/
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:26 am

Hoeloe wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

With his improvements, Sonic is actually a good character now. We are aiming for perfect balance in this game, but obviously that's impossible. Out of the small range of different levels of character, Sonic is already near the top. The characters are all useable, none are ridiculously weak, but none are broken either. Light Dash works really well as a recovery move and an attack, but with any more oomph, he might well become a broken character... :/
sonic glitch helps alot too.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 am

GDKN wrote:

Would this be his edgeboost tech?

Or some other glitch?
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
GDKN wrote:

Would this be his edgeboost tech?

Or some other glitch?
oh yeah, its the edgeboost.
Back to top Go down
~Chozo~
Neutral Nuke Brother
~Chozo~

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:14 pm

I also find the camera could use a little work. YOu get knocked out of camera range a bit to easily I think the boundries are fine but the camera needs to zoomg out more imo. If I go under battlefield I would hope the camera would make it so I could see myself. But then again this is melee based.
Back to top Go down
jnightmare
Neutral Nuke Brother
jnightmare

Male Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:58 am

I do think you should put a video up on youtube like once a month to slowly introduce some characters if not then update the website once a month
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 am

Well, we aren't updating because updates take up quite a bit of time. We are using that time to try and get the demo completed instead. Once the demo is out, updates will be more frequent.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Well, we aren't updating because updates take up quite a bit of time. We are using that time to try and get the demo completed instead. Once the demo is out, updates will be more frequent.

Yeah. We'd rather have a full plate of updates for you in a while then start now and stop halfway through because we havent got any stuff left, haha.
Back to top Go down
jnightmare
Neutral Nuke Brother
jnightmare

Male Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am

kk I understand =]

Also do you have an estimated release date for the official game and demo?
Back to top Go down
~Chozo~
Neutral Nuke Brother
~Chozo~

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Eh I heard ccharacers will only have one aerial one smash and a combo with all four specials. I'd much rather prefer a game with 10 characters with all attacks than one without. I also find the lack of invincibility on the ledge ridiculously idiotic.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:21 pm

~Chozo~ wrote:
Eh I heard ccharacers will only have one aerial one smash and a combo with all four specials. I'd much rather prefer a game with 10 characters with all attacks than one without. I also find the lack of invincibility on the ledge ridiculously idiotic.

on the surface it looks like the game is lacking like that, but if you really think about it, it makes sense, using this new limited moveset it puts alittle more emphasis on finding out what works well, and how to play. Its a whole new way of thinking how you fight against others, albiet sacrificing the ability to have more moves.

But it opens up for alot of creativity and originality by way of creating the limited moveset out of the full ones from smash games.
This is something that drew me to the game, the originality of it, without it seeming ridiculous.

Its a hard concept to grasp altogether at first, it even escapes ItsameSMB abit.
Back to top Go down
~Chozo~
Neutral Nuke Brother
~Chozo~

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Is sheild's lasting 5 seconds part of this too? And I always wanted to know why sonic got no invincibility on his air dodge. But the no invinicbility on the ledge is the most fail for me.
Back to top Go down
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
Squidly

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Can I make a request that you change Kirby's eyes?
I'm sorry, but in Link's screenshot they looked very... misplaced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster Dicussion TOpic?   Roster Dicussion TOpic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Roster Dicussion TOpic?
Page 1 of 1