Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHARACTER IDEA!

Go down 
+19
NinjaC
PlasmaNuke
tea
Perry
Dark Ermac
Twilight
GDKN
~Chozo~
boy wonder
HyruleanHyroe
Flying Dutchman
Hatakraa
Hoeloe
Callum Stamp
8sidedcircle
jnightmare
BlastNuke
TaroNuke
fawx
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
boy wonder
Neutral Nuke Brother
boy wonder

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-02

CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I know characters wont have grabs but will any have tether recoveries?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 pm

boy wonder wrote:
If they don't have grabs, that would be truely doubtable.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 pm

boy wonder wrote:
Well, I can't say. I don't think so, no. Maybe if someone's special move is something tether-ish?
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah, like extended ledge grab range on some moves... Like Mario's up range after his Up B in Melee, or Ness's side grab range...
Back to top Go down
MattDeon
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

it would be awesome (to me) if Geno was in it. wat about Smithy?(it would be weird if he was in it though)

and Samus has always been in the smash bros games but y don't there be another character from the Metroid series? like Dark Samus or a Space Pirate or a Trooper. or just some random alien that was in the series that a lot of ppl liked(askin bit to much for the alien part i think)

The Legend of Zelda
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 am

Dunno. Isn't samus awesome enough? .__.
Back to top Go down
MattDeon
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:24 am

Samus is awesome but is she the only character that hasn't had another playable character added to the series, meaning like Mario series got more characters each game. Zelda series got 1 character. basically every1 has a another character from their series except Samus and Cpt. Falcon(cant think of any1 else right now if there are any) but u see wat i mean? Samus and Cpt. Falcon need some back up(at least Samus should have a partner. Cpt. Falcon can idc that much about Falcon)
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 am

MattDeon wrote:
Samus is awesome but is she the only character that hasn't had another playable character added to the series, meaning like Mario series got more characters each game. Zelda series got 1 character. basically every1 has a another character from their series except Samus and Cpt. Falcon(cant think of any1 else right now if there are any) but u see wat i mean? Samus and Cpt. Falcon need some back up(at least Samus should have a partner. Cpt. Falcon can idc that much about Falcon)
Well... It must have something to do with the fact that both of the games a basicly single player games. And neither F-zero or Metroid's goal is about saving someone.

Simplyfied - Neither Capt. Falcon or Samus has any friends.
Back to top Go down
MattDeon
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 am

they don't have to be friends (-.-). look at Mario and Bowser or Wario. Link and Ganondorf. Fox and Wolf.

don't really care about any good or bad guy from F-Zero.

Samus has some friends like the alien ppl from Prime 2, the other hunters from Prime 3 and Prime hunters, the GFS soldiers. and there are some evil characters like Dark Samus, and the different space pirates

yay Tri Force(i want Screw Attack logo lol)
The Legend of Zelda
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:24 am

I like how everyone hasn't played an F-zero game ever. Mad

I've already pitched my Black Shadow idea in the movesets topic.
But other great F-zero characters like Samurai Goroh, Pico, Pheonix, and of course Deathborn would make great characters.

Metroid has always been one of those games where it is hard to think of other characters to add in. The main problem with the bosses, is that they are too big, but I think it would be easy to get around that. And with the other characters, they are too generic (space pirates, soldiers etc). The problem with the Other bounty Hunters is, that since so many people are attached to a certain one, if you add just one, you must add them all, or else it is unfair.

The best idea would to have a downsized ridley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

GDKN wrote:
I like how everyone hasn't played an F-zero game ever. Mad

I've already pitched my Black Shadow idea in the movesets topic.
But other great F-zero characters like Samurai Goroh, Pico, Pheonix, and of course Deathborn would make great characters.

Metroid has always been one of those games where it is hard to think of other characters to add in. The main problem with the bosses, is that they are too big, but I think it would be easy to get around that. And with the other characters, they are too generic (space pirates, soldiers etc). The problem with the Other bounty Hunters is, that since so many people are attached to a certain one, if you add just one, you must add them all, or else it is unfair.

The best idea would to have a downsized ridley.

Metroid is a franchise we hold dear as fans here, too. We are making the right choices,
and you can atleast expect 2 crazy space aliens from the Metroid universe to make
an appearance - in what way I cannot specify at this time.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:27 pm

I really wouldn't mind seeing another character from either F-Zero or Metroid... I just don't think that there would be enough crazy moves to use. And what I really hate is copies like Falco or Dr. Mario. At least in Brawl Sakurai managed to change Falcos moves (slightly) and made him a (slightly) new character, yay.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Jack wrote:
I really wouldn't mind seeing another character from either F-Zero or Metroid... I just don't think that there would be enough crazy moves to use. And what I really hate is copies like Falco or Dr. Mario. At least in Brawl Sakurai managed to change Falcos moves (slightly) and made him a (slightly) new character, yay.

F-zero holds some of the craziest characters. :/

Seriously, some of you guys need to play F-zero GX, or GP legend atleast.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:42 am

GDKN wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yeah, but most of F-Zero's characters hold no personality whatshowever. The cutscenes
are great and all, but you can't transfer it into Smash material. Captain Falcon was a miracle.
Back to top Go down
MattDeon
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:15 am

i know im gonna get some1 mad for sayin this...but wat a bout Sora from Kingdom Hearts? just a suggestion u dont need to get mad at me for just sayin it.^^

The Legend of Zelda (i still want my Screw Attack emblem)
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:26 am

I dunno, I never really played the Kingdom Hearts series. And i think Callum wants us to have nintendo titles, preferebly famous.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 am

Please no. SSF2 has the crappy "majority like them" characters like him covered, i.e. Naruto.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 am

itsameSMB wrote:
Please no. SSF2 has the crappy "majority like them" characters like him covered, i.e. Naruto.
Personally I'm extreeeeemely interested in Sora. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favourite franchises by
far. It would be interesting to see him in a Smash enviroment. In this game or somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:35 am

Each to his own, I suppose.

Sora would be difficult to widdle down to SNBM's... conservative moveset restrictions, wouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:37 am

itsameSMB wrote:
Each to his own, I suppose.

Sora would be difficult to widdle down to SNBM's... conservative moveset restrictions, wouldn't he?
Looking into it, he'd be easier to add then say, Ike from Fire Emblem. If you think about it, Ike was
from an RPG-ish title, and didnt do all that much in terms of combat. Sora actually HAS alot of variety
in moves to choose for his moveset. I wouldn't worry about it. But should we have him aboard?!
Back to top Go down
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:39 am

As long as it doesn't lead to you adding hedgehog recolors/edits with swords to the roster, do whatever you want (provided you add Dr. Mario).
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:40 am

itsameSMB wrote:
As long as it doesn't lead to you adding hedgehog recolors/edits with swords to the roster, do whatever you want (provided you add Dr. Mario).
Hahahaha. We'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:54 am

Callum Stamp wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Jack wrote:

Yeah, but most of F-Zero's characters hold no personality whatshowever. The cutscenes
are great and all, but you can't transfer it into Smash material. Captain Falcon was a miracle.

They have more personality than some of those who are in Smash already. Rolling Eyes

Especially Black shadow.

And you can also take into consideration the F-zero Comics, and the anime.
Since even though that version of F-zero takes place in a seperate multiverse, the personalities still are carbon copies.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 am

GDKN wrote:
They have more personality than some of those who are in Smash already. :roll:
HERM HERM Olimar, HERM HERM.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Jack wrote:
GDKN wrote:
They have more personality than some of those who are in Smash already. Rolling Eyes
HERM HERM Olimar, HERM HERM.
AT LEAST ICE CLIMBERS HAVE PERSONALITY Awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHARACTER IDEA!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next