Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHARACTER IDEA!

Go down 
+19
NinjaC
PlasmaNuke
tea
Perry
Dark Ermac
Twilight
GDKN
~Chozo~
boy wonder
HyruleanHyroe
Flying Dutchman
Hatakraa
Hoeloe
Callum Stamp
8sidedcircle
jnightmare
BlastNuke
TaroNuke
fawx
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

Male Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-05-18

CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm

JUST WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Olimar has a personality, he has a captain's log (at least in Pikmin 1 he did) and is honestly more talkative than Mario, Link, Ness and the other non-talking characters in Nintendo's series.
Back to top Go down
http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Olimar has a personality, he has a captain's log (at least in Pikmin 1 he did) and is honestly more talkative than Mario, Link, Ness and the other non-talking characters in Nintendo's series.
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

Olimar doesn't have a personality IN SMASH. Mario clearly has, Link has, Luigi definately has. Olimar is VERY weird to newcomers.
I can't seem to understand why you'd defend Olimar, he was a waste of character in Brawl and his "unique playstyle" was absolutely
terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

Olimar doesn't have a personality IN SMASH. Mario clearly has, Link has, Luigi definately has. Olimar is VERY weird to newcomers.
I can't seem to understand why you'd defend Olimar, he was a waste of character in Brawl and his "unique playstyle" was absolutely
terrible.

Funny, since I main him in tournaments. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:15 pm

GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

terrible.

I look at Smash from a design perspective.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

terrible.

But you just can't say that olimar is total garbage. He may have his presentational faults(alot), but his playability is truly unique.
And far from terrible, since its probably one of the more effective AND fun playstyles to use. But you still might not think the same. I guess its either, people get it, or don't.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:33 pm

GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

terrible.

But you just can't say that olimar is total garbage. He may have his presentational faults(alot), but his playability is truly unique.
And far from terrible, since its probably one of the more effective AND fun playstyles to use. But you still might not think the same. I guess its either, people get it, or don't.
At the time, I was expecting Mega Man on every daily update. Instead I got Olimar. This is my life story. That event made me like.. this..
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
GDKN wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

terrible.

At the time, I was expecting Mega Man on every daily update. Instead I got Olimar. This is my life story. That event made me like.. this..
I was expecting Simon Belmont for each one. But when I got olimar, it didn't make me feel bad, since I'm a pretty big fan of the Pikmin games.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
Hoeloe

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Only character I was really hoping for in Brawl was Sonic. Man was I disappointed.

I do agree that Olimar is fun to use, but he has many faults and no personality from a design perspective.
He also was kinda crap.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Only character I was really hoping for in Brawl was Sonic. Man was I disappointed.

I do agree that Olimar is fun to use, but he has many faults and no personality from a design perspective.
He also was kinda crap.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:28 am

Callum Stamp wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Hahahahaha. Sorry.

terrible.

I'm defending Olimar because he's a pretty solid choice, and a lot of people recognized him. My friend, who hasn't gamed since 2006-ish recognized him. I don't like playing Olimar either (not my playstyle), but he is a very solid and good character. He has personality in the SSE - he's a little scaredy cat that obviously doesn't want to be involved. Falcon just drags him into it.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:36 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
I'm defending Olimar because he's a pretty solid choice, and a lot of people recognized him. My friend, who hasn't gamed since 2006-ish recognized him. I don't like playing Olimar either (not my playstyle), but he is a very solid and good character. He has personality in the SSE - he's a little scaredy cat that obviously doesn't want to be involved. Falcon just drags him into it.

That's Luigis job.
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:27 am

Jack wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

That's Luigis job.
Olimar won't be included in SNBM, because we can't manage the same mechanics.
Back to top Go down
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
GDKN

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 am

Callum Stamp wrote:
Jack wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

That's Luigis job.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
Jack

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 pm

GDKN wrote:
:cry:
Pfft, cry baby.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Callum Stamp wrote:
Jack wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

That's Luigis job.

Yeah, wasn't that known already? It's the same with IC's, right?
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
Callum Stamp

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Callum Stamp wrote:
Jack wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

That's Luigis job.

Yeah, wasn't that known already? It's the same with IC's, right?
Unfortunately that's correct. But these 2 are one of the few characters that
we had no interest in in bringing to the game. I think for Olimar, even if
we had the technology, we wouldn't see use for him here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHARACTER IDEA!   CHARACTER IDEA! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHARACTER IDEA!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6