Super Nuke Bros. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stage ideas

Go down 
+32
HyperSonic92
Not A Word
Ariand/AEM
Gregboy101
K. Xmith [DJ]
alphathunder9
GoldenYuiitusin
Tarvonas
RedCap-BlueSpikes
DarthDragon
raiden77
SingleMaleNurse
(TSON)
Evilagram
khcat93
Eraser
Squidly
Zer0 Xaminor
Jack
LP96
Twilight
GDKN
~Chozo~
boy wonder
Flying Dutchman
Hatakraa
Tribal-Thunder
Callum Stamp
Hoeloe
TaroNuke
jnightmare
Chaseallendiaz
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Stage ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Gregboy101 wrote:
Well Okay, don't get your Anger meter too high
It won't if you follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

Male Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Well I will try to then
Back to top Go down
http://www.greginc.weebly.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm

K. Xmith [DJ] wrote:
Gregboy101 wrote:
It won't if you follow the rules.
This.

Stage Idea:
FINAL DESTINATION (j/k.)

Space Colony ARK
Info: You fight on the part where Sonic and Shadow had their final showdown, and it includes platforms from parts of levels that inovlve the ARK. Artifical Chaos sometimes appears and attacks, but it can be destroyed. In the background, you see the ARK itself. Sometimes, you see it shoot a laser, and sometimes you see Final Hazard appear on it while two balls of light (in reality, Super Sonic and Super Shadow, but they appear as balls of light) attack it.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Hmmm, that sounds epic
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:04 am

One..... liners....... EVERYWHERE.

Have you even composed of a message with more than twenty words, Greg? Well... I suppose there's those very rare occasions.

Anyway, I always had on my mind a level based on the Pinball race course in Mario Kart DS. I don't know why... It's just.... Pinball has so many different features, many of which that could work well.

I'm not sure how It'd be spaced out though. My first idea was to have two Bumpers on either side, but that makes it a little bit difficult to actually kill your opponent. Maybe have three little bumpers spaced in mid-air, which can juggle the opponent much like when the ball in an actual pinball game gets stuck in those classic triple-bumpers for a while.

Oh wait! I just got a nice idea! Stand by for an edit with a concept drawn by... paint... :S

EDIT: Here, something like this:

Stage ideas - Page 4 Pinballlevel

Obviously, if you land on the left side of that big bumper, it sends you flying quite a distance. Also, a ball will sometimes fall through the gap at the right. It would then roll down the angled slope, and either get flung up by the two flicky thingys, or fall through the hole. It'd be random, I suppose. Oh, and if you hit the ball... then WHAM.

Maybe if you stand on the flingy thingys for long enough, they flick up and send you flying. XP

Well, that's just my idea. Smile

Last edited by Tarvonas on Fri May 07, 2010 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:13 am

Well maybe they might copy that in the next Mario Kart game, if there will be one
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:24 am

Hmm...I say there should be a bumper on the other side as well, and also RANDOM PINBALL ATTACKS!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Gregboy101 wrote:
ARGH!!!! Dude, just stop! Posts like that don't go anywhere, alright!?

Anyways, K. Xmith: I like that idea, it seems that you put a little thought into that, which is great, but what would the emblem be? A Cheeseburger perhaps?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:08 pm

DarthDragon wrote:
Gregboy101 wrote:
ARGH!!!! Dude, just stop! Posts like that don't go anywhere, alright!?

Anyways, K. Xmith: I like that idea, it seems that you put a little thought into that, which is great, but what would the emblem be? A Cheeseburger perhaps?
He's already been banned again. This time for FOUR days.
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:02 am

About the Pinball stage, how about we say it's a revamped version of the NES Pinball game.
And to top it all off, throw in a bunch of pre-set Nuke Bumpers! You know, like the pre-set Bumper over the Peach's Castle stage in SSB64 .
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
DarthDragon

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:58 pm

K. Xmith [DJ] wrote:
About the Pinball stage, how about we say it's a revamped version of the NES Pinball game.
And to top it all off, throw in a bunch of pre-set Nuke Bumpers! You know, like the pre-set Bumper over the Peach's Castle stage in SSB64 .
Yeah, considering a Pinball stage based on a Pinball game is a better idea than one based on Waluigi Pinball (not that it was a bad idea). I like the preset bumper idea as well; perhaps 3-4 of them?
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:55 pm

I don't know. 4 sounds good?
Back to top Go down
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
Tarvonas

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:18 am

I was thinking of adding three or so little bumpers to the top left in that clear space... I don't know why I didn't. :S

Anyway, it was just a basic idea of mine. If it is included (or just considered), I'm certain it'll be changed quite a bit.

And how about we don't base it on any particular game level or anything, and just base it off a generic Pinball machine? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:34 pm

STAGE:
Devil's Machine
SERIES:
Earthbound (Ness/Porky [If playable])
NOTES:
You brawl in front of the Devils Machine, it still has Giygas in it. The Power Source is blocking the way out, so star KO's are usually the best option here. Giygas will watch you fight, randomly the middle of the holding case shapes a face of one of the brawlers on the field, then Something happens,
Ex. This technique Giygas has effects the power source.
If Mario the Machine will grow hot, touching it inflicts burn pain
If Link Arrows begin firing out of the power source
If Kirby a powerfull wind will blow out of the power source
If Pikachu the power source will malfuntion and shoot thunder out of it randomly.
(You get the idea)
Later a Pigmask will come out from behind the Holding chamber, with remote that has two buttons, called "Open" and "Close" the Pigmask presses the "Open" Button, unknowingly that he had released Giygas! Giygas makes his entrance with a Energy Wave that blasts the Pigmask away! The floor and walls become invisible, and the background become like the Giygas battle in Earthbound. Randomly Text appears on the bottom screen like earthbound saying, "You can not handle the true power of Giygas's attack!" Then Giygas fires a wave of energy damaging all players with high knockback, he does three times (Counting the first one)
Then the Pigmask is seen running back pressing the "Close" Button, then Giygas is put back in the Devil's Machine and the Pigmask goes behind the Holding chamber restarting the whole thing all over again.
RANDOM PROBIBILITY:
Medium
IMAGE/DIAGRAM:
Later.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:26 pm

I would be fine with that idea and all, but do we REALLY want to expose new fans to Giygas?
Back to top Go down
K. Xmith [DJ]
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
K. Xmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:58 pm

You're right, Giygas is disturbing. I've never played anything Mother/Earthbound, though, but YouTube is highly informative.
Why not just post his theme or something? I mean, O2 (a more or less disturbing boss) wasn't in SSBB even though his music was.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I don't get why 02 is considered disturbing, and Giygas technically doesn't have music...
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:18 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I would be fine with that idea and all, but do we REALLY want to expose new fans to Giygas?
YES WE DO.
And Nintendo of America DESPISES Earthbound, :V. IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEM THERE WERE ONLY 5 ACTUAL EB RELATED TROPHYS

Last edited by Ariand/AEM on Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
TaroNuke

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:10 am

Why the F not :V

P.S. I don't think 02 wasn't in Brawl because he was too disturbing. I think they just didn't have enough time or space.

And they didn't include Giygas because it'd be like fighting a background, it wouldn't make that much sense in "2.5D".
And Giygas DOES have "music". It just requires inverted commas to be considered so.

And I think Porky does a better job of representing MOTHER, as he was in both Ness and Lucas' games.

Ya see gregboy? It's possible to turn a sentence with 4 words and an emoticon into a decent and relevant set of sentences. You just have to READ THE WHOLE TOPIC, pick something you want to respond to, and FORMULATE the response.
Back to top Go down
http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Not A Word
Neutral Nuke Brother
Not A Word

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:41 am

Ooh, Artificial Chaos. (Yes that is a link.) What kind? P-1s or P-100s? Good idea. I think P-100s would be easy to replicate and would look like a large amount of work was poured into it, as all you have to make are animations of:
Idle and Walking
Splitting/Preparing to Split
Animations of the drones (Cells)
Explosions (for the Cells)
Their floating heads' idle and explosion.

That EarthBound stage that Ariand/AEM suggested looks (in my imagination) fascinating. Problem though: You say Star KOs are the best option on this stage. That's sounds like it's going to mean racking up ridiculous amounts of damage to get a KO, seeing as there are only the four specials, an A combo, and a dash attack/side smash (if I remember correctly - I probably don't, though). Same goes for the pinball stage. Nice idea, though, and I have a suggestion for the camera settings on the Pinball stage: is it possible to code so that the camera only slides up and down, not to the sides? It would look more, er, pinball-esque.

Thanks for reading, if you read it!

Last edited by Not A Word on Thu May 20, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I finished reading the wiki article more thoughroughly... eh.)
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:14 am

Not A Word wrote:
Ooh, Artificial Chaos. (Yes that is a link.) What kind? P-1s or P-100s? Good idea. I think P-100s would be easier to replicate, as all you have to make are animations of:
Idle and Walking
Splitting/Preparing to Split
Animations of the drones (Cells)
Explosions (for the Cells)
Their floating heads' idle and explosion.

That EarthBound stage that Ariand/AEM suggested looks (in my imagination) fascinating. Problem though: You say Star KOs are the best option on this stage. That's sounds like it's going to mean racking up ridiculous amounts of damage to get a KO, seeing as there are only the four specials, an A combo, and a dash attack/side smash (if I remember correctly - I probably don't, though). Same goes for the pinball stage. Nice idea, though, and I have a suggestion for the camera settings on the Pinball stage: is it possible to code so that the camera only slides up and down, not to the sides? It would look more, er, pinball-esque.

Thanks for reading, if you read it!
Where would artifical chaos go? Also thanks! But you do remember that Giygas attacks as well so the fighters aren't the only ones inflicting damage.

@TaroNuke
Oh and if you believe Porky is the main guy too, then make him playable! :3
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Ariand/AEM wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
YES WE DO.
And Nintendo of America DESPISES Earthbound, :V. IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEM THERE WERE ONLY 5 ACTUAL EB RELATED TROPHYS
No, that's false. Nintendo of America is not in charge of trophies, Sakruai is. and he underrepped EB on trophies, but think about this: Wario and Yoshi only had 4 trophies.
That's like the rumor saying that Sakurai hates Metroid, as it only had a transformation as a Newcomer and Ridley as a boss TWICE, when in reality, he wanted to rep Metroid more, but couldn't seem to picture Ridley playable. So that's why Metroid had two new stages.
Back to top Go down
Ariand/AEM
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
Ariand/AEM

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:37 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Ariand/AEM wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
YES WE DO.
No, that's false. Nintendo of America is not in charge of trophies, Sakruai is. and he underrepped EB on trophies, but think about this: Wario and Yoshi only had 4 trophies.
That's like the rumor saying that Sakurai hates Metroid, as it only had a transformation as a Newcomer and Ridley as a boss TWICE, when in reality, he wanted to rep Metroid more, but couldn't seem to picture Ridley playable. So that's why Metroid had two new stages.
It was a joke.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:50 pm

It was?
I can't tell most of the time on the Internet...
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92
Neutral Nuke Brother

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:44 am

Ariand/AEM wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
YES WE DO.
And Nintendo of America DESPISES Earthbound, :V.
I wouldn't say that. The only reason they wouldn't let Earthbound on Virtual Console is because they were forced to change the game's dialog in order to let it be released. They decided to let it stay the same and never release it than change it drastically

But yeah I agree with AEM, I think Pokey should be playable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stage ideas   Stage ideas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stage ideas
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next